Draw and take notes with ease.
Linea Sketch gives you the right balance of power and control to capture thoughts and ideas effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your creations, not on the tools.
Why Linea Sketch?
⁕ Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea's elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
⁕ Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or create your own with a single tap. Autogenerated tints & shades save time and effort.
⁕ Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged, locked, or adjusted. Use the file browser and photo library to import images for reference and tracing.
⁕ ZipShapes & ZipLines - Simply hold still for a moment after drawing a line, rough square, circle, or triangle and ZipShape automatically creates a perfect version for you. You can then adjust final size, placement, and corner radius.
⁕ Move / Transform - Lasso part of your sketch, then move, rotate, flip, or resize. Transform one or more layers quickly & easily.
⁕ Watercolor Brush - Create rustic & artistic effects by painting with organic pigment in three modes: Simple, Wet, and Cloud.
⁕ Annotations - Add labels, notes, and callouts to your sketches using iOS Scribble or a keyboard. Fonts, colors, placement, and more can be adjusted effortlessly.
⁕ Time-Lapse - Record your creative process as you sketch! Save a video of the result as either a compressed 30 second clip or a full length movie.
⁕ Grids & Templates - A wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
⁕ Universal App - Linea Sketch is a universal app for iPad and iPhone. Your sketches seamlessly sync via iCloud to all of your devices, wherever you go.
What do you get?
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines
• Art Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity
• Marker - Fat solid lines
• Watercolor Brush - Paint with organic, artistic pigment
• Fill - Roll out wide areas of color or tap to flood fill
• Blend - Smudge or soften strokes
• Eraser - Clean up with your finger or Pencil
• Pencil Plus! - Create additional effects using Apple Pencil pressure and tilt
• Always on-screen & easily available
• Tints and shades are automatically generated in six variations
• 11 predefined color sets for various types of drawing
• Create custom colors for branding and consistency
• Drag & drop color swatches with other apps
• Five flexible layers that can be dragged, merged, or cleared
• Import any image from Files, Photo Library, or clipboard
• Lockable to prevent accidental changes
• Adjust opacity or double tap to toggle visibility on/off
• Traditional grids displayed with lines & dots
• Hexagonal, circular, and isometric (3D) grids
• Notepads, to-do lists, and sheet music
• App user interface and icon design
• Storyboards in 16:9, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1 ratios
• Adjustable intensity and can be hidden quickly
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• White Bond, Butcher’s Paper, Black Construction, Blueprint & many more
• Adjustable custom background colors
• Paper grain can be toggled on or off
• Save as PNG, JPEG, PSD, and PDF
• Save entire sketch or crop a portion
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, AirDrop & more
• Presentation Mode shows just the canvas via AirPlay - perfect for classrooms
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, or move drawings within projects
• Thumbnail previews of drawings save time
• Export PDF of entire project
• Two-finger tap for Undo, three-finger tap for Redo
• Pinch to zoom and rotate canvas
• Tap Compass to lock, flip, or reset your canvas
• Supports portrait & landscape orientations
• Supports split screen and drag & drop
Terms and Conditions: https://linea-app.com/terms
Organize projects into collections, turn any tool into a textured eraser with Clear Ink, draw inside elements with Transparency Masking, and explore a new video Help Library.
• Project Collections: Organize your projects into handy groups
- Arrange, name, and organize collections however you like
- Drag and drop projects into collections to update
- Assign custom thumbnails for quick reference
- Collections sync across platforms via iCloud
- Turn the Collection list on or off using Settings
• Transparency Masking: Draw inside or recolor existing canvas elements
- Activate from layer options palette
- The layer's transparent pixels are ignored while drawing
- Use any tool inside to quickly shade, add texture, or recolor
- Automatically "stays within the lines" on any layer
• Clear Ink: Draw or paint with transparency to "erase" areas of a sketch
- Select the chip at the top of the color palette to activate
- Turns any existing drawing tool into a "textured eraser"
- Clear Ink knocks back existing color based on tool size and pressure
- Blend areas of one layer into another to create textured effects easily
• Video Help Library: Learn how to get the most from Linea Sketch
- Watch helpful, step-by-step tutorials
- Explore in-depth walkthroughs of key features
- Enjoy time-lapse drawings to see how other artists work
- Picture-in-picture allows you to follow along while working in Linea
• Project View:
- New Trash container in the Project View safeguards your sketches
- Deleted sketches are now placed in the Trash, not permanently deleted
- Sketches stay in the Trash until emptied manually
• Apple Pencil Double-Tap Actions:
- New Clear Ink action added in Preferences > Apple Pencil > Pencil Double-Tap
- Quickly toggle between the currently selected color and Clear Ink
- The hex values of custom color chips can now be copied as regular text
- Visual improvements to custom color chips to identify them more quickly
- New templates section for Games
- Sports scoresheets for baseball & bowling
- RPG Character Sheet
- Improved clarity of the template icon
• Fixed theme-related interface bugs with custom color selection
• ZipSquares and Rectangles are now drawn with pixel-perfect edges
Ratings and Reviews
Early days, but seems very usable
I use other apps for more feature rich drawings, however the UI on this app makes it a great choice for most of my quick sketches.
Almost didn't buy it because of the in-app purchases. Was suspicious of needing to pay more for what appeared to be different *pen tips*. Nothing worse that buying an app to find-out the bits you really need are deliberately held back as in-app purchases. It was just random luck that i found out it was a *tip jar* for developers.
Love the app...don’t update if you don’t want your full-purchase reverted to trial software!
Don’t get me wrong, I love this app. It’s my favourable way to get down a quick sketch during a meeting, jot down a music idea, etc.
I’m also not opposed to subscribing to an app I frequently use, I know it doesn’t work for everyone.
I do take strong objection to being forced to though.
FAIR WARNING: don’t update from v2 if you favour keeping your full-purchased app (impossible if you have auto-updates on like myself).
The Iconfactory, which are otherwise long-standing fantastic developers, have unfortunately reach a new low here. The decent honourable thing to do would be either:
1. Turn v2 into Classic with nothing but the occasional OS maintenance updates carried over from the new app development. Or let it eventually wither if that’s too expensive to maintain.
2. Follow what other developers have so elegantly done in freezing the feature set for v2 purchasers, offering newcomers the choice to subscribe for same and to prior owners for future features.
Certainly not threaten to turn your full-purchase app into a watermarked ad-based trial if you refuse to pay!
I like Linea because it gives zip line, shades of each colour, and some more. But I usually default back to auto desk sketchbook mainly because it allows me to add photos (for reference images and such) but linea doesn’t. I would probably use this more if you would add the ability to add photos into the sketches. Please that would be awesome.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 103.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 The Iconfactory, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Linea Monthly Subscription $1.49
- Linea Yearly Subscription $16.49
- Linea Full Purchase $46.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.