Linea Sketch gives you the right balance of power and control to capture your thoughts and ideas effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your creations, not on the tools.
What People Are Saying:
⁕ The best possible sketching experience whether you are drawing, prototyping an app interface, storyboarding, taking notes, or something else. - MacStories
⁕ The color swatch in Linea is fantastic...It fits a spectrum of color options into a very compact space. - 9 to 5 Mac
⁕ Linea is approachable for all – and will quite likely prove to be useful and enjoyable by all. - SlashGear
Why Linea Sketch?
• Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or customize colors with a single tap. Auto generated tints & shades saves time and effort.
• Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea Sketch’s elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
• Move / Transform - Lasso part of your sketch, move it, rotate it, resize it. Transform your creations quickly & easily.
• Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged & adjusted. Import images for reference or to trace on top of from Files, Dropbox & more.
• ZipLine - An intuitive way to make straight lines and polygons. Draw a line and hold at the end to automatically straighten it. Tap & hold to connect ZipLines to form polygons.
• Grids & Templates - A wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
• Flexible Exporting - Export your work as a layered Photoshop document, transparent PNG, and more. Export entire drawings or cropped portions to a range of services including Slack and Dropbox.
• Touch Eraser - Ever used your finger to erase a whiteboard? Linea Sketch lets you wipe the screen with your finger to correct mistakes and your hands stay clean!
• iCloud Sync - Automatically keeps all of your sketches & projects up-to-date across all of your devices.
Complete Feature Set:
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Classic Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity with pressure
• Wide Tip Marker - Fat solid lines that vary with pressure
• Eraser - Clean up your work with a finger touch or pressure sensitivity
• Tilted Rendering - Each tool works differently when an Apple Pencil is used flat against the screen.
• Always on-screen & easily available
• 2 banks of pre-defined colors + 6 tints & shades each
• Auto-generation of tints and shades
• Drag & drop color swatches into Linea Sketch from other apps
• Creation of custom color sets
• Hue/Saturation adjustments
• 5 flexible layers
• Easily merge & clear
• Import images from Files, Dropbox & more to reference
• Drag & drop to rearrange
• Opacity adjustment
Grids & Templates:
• Notepads with wide & narrow rules in both portrait & landscape
• App user interface and icon design templates
• Traditional grids in lines & dots
• Storyboards in 16:9, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1 ratios
• 3D isometric grid
• Hexagonal graph paper
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• Turn paper texture on/off
• Paper grain
• Butcher’s paper
• Black construction
• Gray Bristol
• Save as layered Photoshop PSD, transparent PNG, or flattened JPEG
• Save all or just a portion of each drawing
• iOS Share sheet support
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, AirDrop & more
• Presentation Mode to video out or AirPlay to Apple TV
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, move and remove drawings / projects
• Two-finger tap for quick Undo
• Three-finger tap for Redo
• Compass shows which way is up
• Tap Compass to lock, flip, or reset
• Long-press the Compass to reset
• Supports split screen & drag and drop
Terms and Conditions: https://linea-app.com/terms
• Improved accessibility when drawing with VoiceOver
• Fixed an issue when flipping the canvas
Ratings and Reviews
Early days, but seems very usable
I use other apps for more feature rich drawings, however the UI on this app makes it a great choice for most of my quick sketches.
Almost didn't buy it because of the in-app purchases. Was suspicious of needing to pay more for what appeared to be different *pen tips*. Nothing worse that buying an app to find-out the bits you really need are deliberately held back as in-app purchases. It was just random luck that i found out it was a *tip jar* for developers.
Love the app...don’t update if you don’t want your full-purchase reverted to trial software!
Don’t get me wrong, I love this app. It’s my favourable way to get down a quick sketch during a meeting, jot down a music idea, etc.
I’m also not opposed to subscribing to an app I frequently use, I know it doesn’t work for everyone.
I do take strong objection to being forced to though.
FAIR WARNING: don’t update from v2 if you favour keeping your full-purchased app (impossible if you have auto-updates on like myself).
The Iconfactory, which are otherwise long-standing fantastic developers, have unfortunately reach a new low here. The decent honourable thing to do would be either:
1. Turn v2 into Classic with nothing but the occasional OS maintenance updates carried over from the new app development. Or let it eventually wither if that’s too expensive to maintain.
2. Follow what other developers have so elegantly done in freezing the feature set for v2 purchasers, offering newcomers the choice to subscribe for same and to prior owners for future features.
Certainly not threaten to turn your full-purchase app into a watermarked ad-based trial if you refuse to pay!
I like Linea because it gives zip line, shades of each colour, and some more. But I usually default back to auto desk sketchbook mainly because it allows me to add photos (for reference images and such) but linea doesn’t. I would probably use this more if you would add the ability to add photos into the sketches. Please that would be awesome.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Iconfactory
- 66.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2020 The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $1.49
- Linea Sketch $46.99
- Yearly Subscription $16.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.