Little Learners Love Literacy® is a sequenced phonics reading program to give children confidence and success. Letters and sounds are introduced in stages. Each stage has 5 beautifully illustrated books with real stories about Tim and Pip and their adventures.
The Little Learners Apps are enhanced with professionally recorded and produced audio. Each story can be read aloud, and most importantly, the words are highlighted as they are read. In addition, children can tap a word which is then highlighted and spoken. The audio can be turned off from the book home screen.
They are Australia’s favourite learn-to-read books. Created by reading experts and based on best practice teaching, the lively stories and sequenced progression will ensure children learn to read. Little Learners Love Literacy® is perfect for home or in the classroom.
Evidence-based research has shown that the explicit teaching of phonics is the most effective way of teaching children to read. Learning to read is too important not to use these Little Leaners Love Literacy books. Once children know 8 sounds, they can blend these together to start reading our first 5 books in Stage One.
Each book has a fun story about Tim and Pip and their adventures. Children become engaged with the characters, their family, friends and pets.
This app is true to the books and focuses on learning-to-read in a modern and enjoyable way with audio support:
• child reads the sounds and Heart Words (high frequency words that cannot be sounded out at this stage)
• or tap each sound to hear it pronounced
• child reads the story using ‘sounding out’ as their first strategy
• tap on a word to hear it being read
Hints and Tips:
Each book provides vocabulary and comprehension questions.
Encourage children to run their fingers under each word as they read
All words, except for Heart Words, in these books can be ‘sounded out’. To do this, children point to each letter or digraph, saying the sounds and then blending the sounds together to read the word.
Little Learners Love Literacy Stage 4
• At the fun run
• In the log hut
• On the bus
• The big red box
Stage 4 sounds include the initial alphabetic code – a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p qu r s t u v w x y z
New Heart words : he to was we she
These five books use all the sounds of the initial alphabetic code. There are NO tricks as children use their phonic skills to read.
These books are audio enhanced – tap on a word to have it read aloud.
- Added a new way to change the audio reading mode. You can now select: "Read to me", "I will read" or "No audio".
Full explanations of these modes can be found by touching the help icon on the reading mode page.
- Added a more information page where you can easily read more information on how to use the app to best teach your child to read.
- The home button now goes straight back to the bookshelf to make things easier to use
- Fixed a couple of areas where the words were out of order or the wrong word was being said when tapped
- Fixed some other small bugs and issues
Ratings and Reviews
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.