Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat making, editing and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, loops and samples, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Professional Music Production
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organised with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Use Smart Tempo to import audio and have it automatically conform to your project BPM
• Comprehensive mix and plug-in parameter automation can be part of a region or track
• Perform and mix from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
Drum Production and Beat Making
• Use Drum Machine Designer to build and perform your own custom kits
• Program beats, bass lines and melodic parts using Step Sequencer
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose from 33 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Use Sampler to quickly create and edit sophisticated multi-sampled instruments
• Import a single audio file or record directly into Quick Sampler to instantly build a playable instrument
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral and modelling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, a powerful sample manipulation synthesiser
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion and modulation stompboxes
Creative and Production Effects
• Access a professional collection of vintage and modern delays, EQs and compressors
• Play your sounds through a variety of realistic acoustic spaces or creative synthesised reverbs
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 4,300 instrument and effect patches
• 1,800 meticulously sampled instruments
• More than 10,000 Apple Loops from a wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
6GB available storage space for minimum install / 72GB storage space for full Sound Library installation
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
logic pro is without a doubt Mzing, but maybe this is just because im a newby at this, or its just my computer, but whenever I try to record something, absolutey no sound comes out. maybe I just need a new computer, this one i second hand, or maybe I'm just bad with the software, but this is still a pretty big annoyance. But I have heard great things about it, so surley one i get it working, it'll be great!
Plugins and plugin settings are not recalled
I’m working on some electronic tracks with a lot of virtual instruments and fx. Very frequently when I open a track, my virtual instruments have changed or their highly tweaked settings have been cleared. This is not acceptable. In electronic music, the settings define the music and the sound. It seems to happen more often when I’ve had two projects open at once, but it happens from time to time regardless. Even though I’ve been trying to protect myself by keeping project alternatives, it appears all of the alternatives have also been corrupted.
It takes me hours to get a project back to where it was, and of course I can never get it quite back to where it was.
TLDR: don’t waste your time with Logic.
Bug, bugs and more bugs.
As a professional producer of backing tracks I was disappointed when I purchased the latest Logic X software to go with my new iMac. When using midi tracks and cutting them, unwanted midi events are inserted in the tracks before and after the cut. Some tracks play out of tune because additonal pitch bend parameters are randomly inserted. Even once these are deleted, they some how come back into the track. I looked for solutions in online forums but found nothing. When I contacted a fellow programmer he said everyone he knows has gone back to Logic 10.4.4 - the last stable version. And so have I. Thank you time machine backup for saving my sanity.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 1 GB
macOS 10.14.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.