Logic Pro is a complete collection of sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat making, editing, and mixing, built around a modern interface that’s designed to get results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, loops and samples, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Professional Music Production
• Use a complete set of spatial audio authoring tools that provide everything you need to mix and export your music for Dolby Atmos
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organized with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Use Smart Tempo to import audio and have it automatically conform to your project BPM
• Perform and mix from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
Drum Production and Beat Making
• Use Drum Machine Designer to build and perform your own custom kits
• Program beats, bass lines and melodic parts using Step Sequencer
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Use Sampler to quickly create and edit sophisticated multi-sampled instruments
• Import a single audio file or record directly into Quick Sampler to instantly build a playable instrument
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, a powerful sample manipulation synthesizer
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards, and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
Creative and Production Effects
• Access a professional collection of vintage and modern delays, EQs and compressors
• Play your sounds through a variety of realistic acoustic spaces or creative synthesized reverbs
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 5,900 instrument and effect patches
• 1,200 meticulously sampled instruments
• 14,750 Apple Loops in a wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro workflows
• Export your spatial audio mix as a Dolby Atmos ADM file compatible with Apple Music
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
6GB available storage space for minimum install / 72GB storage space for full Sound Library installation
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Other recent improvements:
• Enables spatial audio monitoring with dynamic head tracking on AirPods Max, AirPods Pro, AirPods (3rd Generation) and Beats Fit Pro (requires macOS Monterey version 12.3 or later)
• Monitor through the Apple binaural renderer, which provides a more accurate preview of spatial audio playback on Apple Music (requires macOS Monterey version 12.3 or later)
• Optimised performance for M1 Max and M1 Ultra on the new Mac Studio
• Includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome Software- A couple of bugs & a question
Keep up the goof work! I have been using Logic since late 90's (Logic Gold & 5.5.1 platinum) and then LA Studio - I am loving 10 X Pro. Just a cuople of bugs and a question: 1. Sometimes the Compressors meters stop working and I have to rely on my ears. 2. Sometimes instruments tend to sustain a note even though I am in a region where there are no notes.
Q: When is support for the Unitor8 going to happen? Mac recognises it but Logic does not.
Ridiculous OS update required for a 0.1 version increase
Apple.. what happened to you?? you now 'force' people to adjust their entire studio systems to gan the slightest improvements.. I'm on Mojave, because most equipment manufacturers I use have their best drivers here.. and to get a bug-fix for 1 small feature I'm expected to move up an entire OS ?? ... an OS that renders my hardware unusable. I don't want to go back to Windows, I've been loyal anyway.. but you've now got a gun to my head?? ... planned obsolescence is now beyond that.. it's forced obsolescence now. And a massive turn off. I have no other option other than to stockpile bootable USB OS' and time machine backups. Because I can't just throw all my hardware out because you've got a new update. Think about what you're doing to peoples livelihoods and workflows by walking us off down these paths to slavery. Further to that.. projects created in 10.4 can't successfully be loaded in 10.5 ?? that is just mental. Who decides the way forward on this mess?? ...certainly wouldn't be us users
more or less love it !
ive been using logic pro for years, i completed a music course where we would use a variety of DAWs, still its my go to for using in sessions and for jamming tracks for practice. its only getting better as each new version comes out i believe. all of the DAWs run at similar quality, its just about finding which one you enjoy looking at for hours and hours and what you can make work to the best standard for sounds you want... research videos of other poeple using DAWs before making your choice, but id say a majority will enjoy logic, its user friendly and has good tips and virtual instruments as well as an easy to interact with setting page!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 1.1 GB
- Requires macOS 11.5 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.