Intuitive yet powerful, Lumos accurately predicts the position of the sun and moon at any time, on any day, in any place. Whether you’re planning a photo shoot, a wedding, or a solar panel installation, tracking the sun and moon has never been easier!
Lumos is divided into six main modules:
• The augmented reality view harnesses the power of AR to visually project past, present, or future sun and moon positions (and moon phases!) onto your surroundings, letting you perfectly visualize your plans.
• The map view overlays the sun and moon positions for a given time and location onto a map of that location, letting you make plans from afar.
• The Street View mode works like the AR view, but it takes advantage of Google Street View to allow you to envision sun and moon positions for remote locations (requires Lumos Pro).
• The calendar view displays a simple list of rise/set times and moon phases throughout the year, letting you see the big picture at a glance. Tap a row to see the detailed ephemeris for that day.
• The notifications module lets you sign up to receive notifications for significant solar and lunar events, including: astronomical, nautical, and civil dawn/dusk, blue hour, golden hour, sunrise/set, solar noon, moon rise/set, lunar transit, and lunar perigee/apogee (requires Lumos Pro).
• The shadow length view calculates the exact length of the shadow an object will cast on a given time and day, letting you see the result both visually and numerically. You can also calculate the height of an object if you know the length of its shadow.
With an affordable one-time purchase of Lumos Pro, you can also:
• Search for a location by name or manually enter coordinates
• Save locations for later reference or offline use*
• Take notes on a saved location and have them readily available the next time you view it
*The map view and Street View do not currently support offline use
NOTE: The sun and moon positions calculated by Lumos are accurate to within a small fraction of a degree. However, as with any augmented-reality app, the accuracy of the projection is dependent on the underlying hardware. If you are seeing inaccurate positions, please calibrate your device's compass and ensure that you are not near any sources of electromagnetic interference (e.g. microwaves, computers, car engines, high voltage lines). Phone cases containing batteries are known to cause compass interference. You can also use the visual calibration tool to align the projection with sun’s current position. Please feel free to contact us if you continue to have issues.
- A couple of bugs have been fixed, including one affecting in app purchases
- Updated libraries and SDKs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Informative yet simple to use
Great little app. Happy to support by purchasing Pro. Now I have a quick look way to plan my sun / moonrise photos showing trajectory for any date or time from anywhere on a real map. You can Save Locations & even make notes & save. 👍
Good app but a lot of unfulfilled potential
Some great features in this app that if developed fully will make for an excellent app, but currently leaves one wanting. Features like moon phase names for more accuracy, holding a position on the map, the ability to see sun and moon together etc are necessary improvements awaiting development. A steady app that hopefully will be worked into a reliable app worthy of the price tag.
Additional Update: Adjusting rating from 3 to 1 stars. No improvements have been made to this app, and since reviewing, for some reason all the rise and set times are completely askew and have been for some months now. It’s not a daylight saving thing, because the minutes are also inaccurate as well as the hour. The compass calibration is always a little off, too. This app is essentially only useful to find a fairly good approximate location of the moon. There are other superior apps for this information which offer more accurate info with more and better accompanying features. No longer recommend this one. 🙏
This is how you know an app is really good. You download the free version (with no intention of buying the full app) and after 5 minutes of using it and seeing how great it works it makes you want to spend a few bucks for the Pro version! Well done guys!
- Luminous Labs LLC
- 38.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Luminous Labs LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Lumos Pro $12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.