This app for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is ideal for anyone wanting to identify and learn more about the beauty and diversity of the plants of the South Australian and Victorian mallee. It is easy to use in the field without or with some botanical knowledge.
* This extensive app describes 775 of the approximately 2500 plant species found in the South Australian and Victorian mallee.
* The app includes most of the commonly found species, as well as some of the rarer ones and both native and introduced species.
* Not just a wildflower app, many of the mallee Ferns, Grasses, Conifers, Rushes, Sedges, Saltbushes and Bluefishes are covered.
* With over 6,000 images, usually with four 'pages' of photographs per species typically showing the plant form, leaves, flowers and fruit.
* Each species has a text description of plant form, size and shape of leaves, flowers and fruits, flowering time, and its distribution within the mallee.
* Functional and easy to use plants have been divided into 24 groups with sub-divisions within each group based on characteristics such as flower colour, fruit shape, or plant height.
* The search facility allows users with some plant knowledge to list species based on family, scientific or common name.
* A detailed glossary of more than 150 botanical terms as well as diagrammatic descriptions for various flower head forms, flower anatomy and leaf shapes.
* No internet connection is required after the app is downloaded.
* As this is a large file please be patient with the initial download.
Please rate this app.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Now with 775 plant species.
- Updated plant names.
- Image and text edits.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use, packed with info!
A fantastic app containing a wealth of information, profusely illustrated with great photographs. Even better, it's easy to use! For beginners, plants are categorised into types/growth forms, then sorted by flower type/colour. Thumbnail photos help to quickly narrow down the possibilities, then each entry highlights the features that are unique to each species, making it easy to identify any mallee plant you come across. You can also search the app by family name or plant genus, for those with more botanical knowledge. There is no other resource for mallee plants so comprehensive and so convenient.
Super easy to ID plants
I used this app to help ID plants in Ngarkat conservation park recently. It has a great level of detail & the photos are a fantastic resource too, so I had no problems IDing any of the plants. I definitely recommend it!
This is a high quality app with brilliantly clear photos and detailed descriptions that is an invaluable resource to both amateur and professionals alike. Highly recommended.
The developer, William Higham, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- William Higham
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Annabel Carle, Geoff Carle, William Higham
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.