“MapOut saves the day by using a simple interface to draw routes, and check out elevation profiles… I’m pretty blown away by its capabilities.” – Alee from cyclingabout.com
Offline map covering the whole world for iPhone and iPad. Almost as beautiful as a paper map - only more versatile.
- For hikers: With an easy-to-read representation of the terrain, even in the furthest corners without internet
- For cyclists: With cycling route network, speed and distance display
- For city travelers: City maps with tourist information
- For the connoisseur: Simply beautiful map to look at
3D tilt view
- Tilt the device in any direction to get a better impression of the terrain. More information on https://mapout.app.
- Search for places, streets, mountains, etc. No internet connection required.
- MapOut is based on the OpenStreetMap project, the “Wikipedia of Maps” - you can make corrections and additions yourself on OpenStreetMap.org. The latest maps are delivered with periodic updates.
- Download the regions of your choice - the maps can now be displayed without an internet connection (offline map).
- Drawing: Draw your own routes and waypoints directly on the map. Retouch existing tours and imported GPX files or let them directly snap to the road network.
- Import: With a free “MapOut.me” account you can send directions by email to your device. GPS-Tours can be found as gpx or kml files on many websites with tips for hiking or biking (e.g. on www.gpsies.com)
Record: Take recordings of your own tours and share them with friends.
Information: Quick overview of each tour - length, altitude change, map section and route profile
- Fast map display (hardware accelerated)
- Step-free zoom, always a pixel-perfect map
- Topographical map with contour lines and shading
- Selectable overlays: Bike/hike/ski routes, sightseeing, public transport
Find all answers to your questions in our user manual: https://mapout.app/manual
Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors (https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright)
- minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good touring app.
I use this app for 4x4 travel in australia and find it very good, one feature i would request is apple car play support in ios 12.
Other than that a very well mad app and looks great, even though it does not get updated often. Keep up the good work.
Just great. So good. We are addicted
This is a fantastic app. We use it all the time. The drawing of tracks is so good. The share function is first rate especially the ability to share tours directly to other mapout users. At least 8 of our bushwalking group now use mapout. It's a shame that mapout isn't available on other platforms as it would surely become the default navigation tool.
Beyond that the only enhancement I would suggest is to enable a user to set different colours for individual tracks. This would. Be particularly beneficial when a user has a number of tracks that cross over each other.
Great MTB mapping tool
Have used this app for a number of multi day mountain biking and hiking tours. I have purchased a waterproof case for the phone and use a portable battery to maintain the power over many days. Navigation is simple and easy and gives you confidence when you are in the middle of nowhere (south west -Western Australia). Previously used a Garman GPS unit, which was complex and hard to load routes and maps to. It sits at home now and I use this cheap and fantastic app. Well done guys!
- Valnova GmbH
- 76 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 Valnova GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.