Math Slide: Place Value is a multiplayer game helping children understanding place value of numbers up to 1,000. Players play and learn by sliding tiles into the center to match an image, answer or equation. This School Edition can be used with Apple’s Volume Purchasing Program for Education VPP and contains the same games as Math Slide: tens & ones and Math Slide: hundred, ten, one.
There are two modes or ways to play this game. Competition Mode is where the player who slides all their tiles into the middle first wins, or Collaboration Mode where all players slide their tiles into the middle at the same time, working together and winning together.
Fully understanding hundreds, tens & ones is essential to progressing and succeeding at mathematics. Progressing from counting to using number facts and place value is difficult for many children. This app is specifically designed to help children make this critical progression, helping them ‘see’ and understand that 26 is 2 ‘tens’ and 6 ‘ones’ and that 7 ‘hundreds’, 11 ‘tens’ and 3 ‘ones’ is equal to 813.
• Multiplayer game, suitable for one, two, three or four players
• Games can be played in Competition Mode or Collaboration Mode
• 20 games all focused on place value
• All games can be played unlimited times
• Each game is a little harder than the previous game
• The app focuses on a critical math concept vital for success
How to play
1. Select Competition Mode or Collaboration Mode
2. Select a game to play
3. Players join the game by pressing the ‘Join’ button
4. Press ‘Start Game’, wait for the count down, then play
5. Slide a tile into the center to match the image, answer or equation
6. Once tiles are used the game ends
Math focus of each game
Tens & ones
Game 1 – representing numbers up to 10
Game 2 – ‘ten and ...’ numbers: 10+1, 10+2 ...
Game 3 – representing numbers up to 20
Game 4 – ‘ten and ...’ numbers: 10+1, 2+10 ...
Game 5 – words: ten and four, sixteen ...
Game 6 – representing numbers up to 100
Game 7 – tens & ones: 10+2, 30+4, 50+6, ...
Game 8 – ten more: 37+10, 62+10, 19+10...
Game 9 – ten more, ten less: 37-10, 62+10 …
Game 10 – ten more, ten less, one more, one less
Hundreds, tens & ones
Game 11 – representing numbers up to 1,000
Game 12 – hundreds, tens & ones: 800+20+4
Game 13 – hundreds + tens, hundreds + ones
Game 14 – words: 6 hundreds, 2 ten and 5 ones
Game 15 – representing numbers up to 1,000
Game 16 – tens in hundreds: 42 tens, tens in 670
Game 17 – add 10, subtract 10, add 1, subtract 1
Game 18 – add and subtract one hundred, ten, one
Game 19 – add and subtract 11, 101, 110 …
Game 20 – add and subtract hundreds, tens & ones
Maths Adventures Limited is a New Zealand company helping children learn mathematics. We develop apps that focus on the key concepts that need to be fully understood to progress and succeed in mathematics. Our apps range from learning to count up to understanding and using fractions and decimals, with each app focusing on one key concept.
• Everyone can learn mathematics
• Playing educationally rich games and apps improves understanding
• Learning math should be fun and exciting, a rewarding adventure
Math Slide is part of our ‘play and learn’ series, which are games high in educational value where children learn as they play. Our apps are research based and classroom tested to make sure they help children learn. We use the power of the iPad and technology to empower teachers and help children understand and learn key math concepts and to unravel misunderstandings.
*** Collaborative mode ***
You can now play Math Slide collaboratively. Up to 4 players can work together to complete a game. Each player slides a tile into the middle and when all players have the correct tile in the middle, all players win. Players can also switch to competition mode, where the first player to slide all their tiles into the middle wins.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Maths Adventures Limited
- 25.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Maths Adventures Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.