MathBoard now supports iCloud Syncing, along with a host of other newer technologies, like Text to Speech as well as Speech Input, the Apple Pencil, Slide Over and Split Views and more.
MathBoard® is a highly configurable math app appropriate for all school aged children. Beginning in kindergarten, with simple addition and subtraction problems, through elementary school where learning multiplication and division can be a real challenge. MathBoard will allow you to configure the app to best match the abilities of your individual child/student.
More than just standard drills, MathBoard encourages students to actually solve problems, and not just guess at answers. This is done by providing multiple answer styles, as well as a scratchboard area where problems can be worked out by hand. Students can also turn to MathBoard's Problem Solver for further help. This powerful teaching feature walks students through the steps required to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division equations. Additionally, the included quick reference tables serve as a valuable learning tool.
Math Activities. These activities include Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality, and Match Math (a memory game). Each activity is based upon the current settings level, so the difficulty will vary based on the student’s knowledge.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY:
“This is the best integer practice app or program I have found in 34 years of teaching math.”- Tim Seiber, Math Teacher
“MathBoard has charm without losing track of its fundamental purpose (Arithmetic drills).” - MacWorld (4 out of 5 mice)
“MathBoard is a stunning app for teaching addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. The number of customization options available makes this a brilliant app for making math fun for elementary school children.” - androapple
- Random equation generation for Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Squares, Cubes, and Square Root problems.
- Number ranges are configurable, including the ability to require certain numbers to be in each problem and the ability to omit negative answers.
- Number and order of displayed digits can be limited, allowing for equations to conform to certain learning levels (e.g. 2 digit numbers over 1 digit numbers).
- Generates simple equations, as well as single step algebraic equations. (e.g. 6+x=12; x-8=2; 5x=25).
- Intelligent problem and "wrong answer" generation makes guessing more difficult.
- Includes both multiple choice, as well as, fill in the blank style questions.
- Activities and quizzes can be timed, either as a countdown timer or elapsed time.
- Equation configuration settings can be saved for future use as well as shared with others.
- Multiple student profiles are supported. Includes the ability to save, review, and share the results for activities and quizzes with others.
- Problem Solver will outline the steps needed to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems.
- In addition to standard drills, activities are included (Find the Sign, Equality/Inequality and Match Math).
- Quick reference math tables for counting, addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- iCloud (syncing) support.
- Support for Slide Over and Split View.
- Support for the Apple Pencil.
- Keyboard commands.
Ratings and Reviews
A fantastic app. Just needs one more feature.
This is a fantastic app. It has a beautiful interface and is very handy for teaching my class. I love giving it to students who finish work early or those that just need some extra boost in using their operations. I downloaded another app with VGA adaptor support so I can project it through a data projector. This feature alone would definitely boost your sales. Especially with all the teachers out there.
Great App..but cannot access all operators..
Lately can only access addition..used to work with all operators....says have to pay to access the other operators...I am using the paid version lol..please fix this
I'm no maths enthusiast but this app is so fun to PLAY with. Division, multiplication, addition or subtraction, there's a step by step instruction showing you how to solve a problem. Thank you for putting fun back into maths again. Only downside is you can't switch to landscape mode.
- PalaSoftware Inc.
- 25.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright ©2010-19 palasoftware Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.