Store your recipes, create meal plans and grocery lists, keep track of your pantry inventory. All in one app!
• Import recipes from recipe websites, or add you own recipes
• Organize recipes by categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Scale your recipe by specifying the number of servings you need
• Manage your recipes through the web interface (Log in at www.mealboard.com from your computer-- access is free!)
• Create meal plans, organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Export meal plans to the Calendar app
• Generate your shopping list based on the meal plan you created
• Smart shopping list aggregation that combines similar ingredients and organize them by aisle
• Scale grocery quantities
• Input grocery prices and see the total price you're spending
• Add product photos
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Check off grocery items as you shop
• Move bought items to your pantry
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Specify expiration dates and inventory locations
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Move out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list
• Find recipes with ingredients that will expire soon!
• Share your recipes, meal plan and shopping list via email or text messaging
• Import recipes and meal plans sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Sync your data across multiple devices (You will need to create an account. Doing so will also back up your data.)
MealBoard is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
DISCLAIMER: This app is preloaded with a few recipes that are for illustration purposes only. Users are expected to input/import the recipes that they use.
• Fixed crashing when adding a recipe photo or an ingredient header (iPad version only).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just what I wanted
After trying a few meal planner/shopping list apps this one has all the features I wanted. I wanted to be easily able to import the recipes I have in soft copy, then make these into weekly mealplans and then automatically convert those into weekly and part-week shopping lists which I can then cross things off. An important feature for me is that the shopping list should aggregate ingredients that appear in multiple recipes i.e. if one recipe requires 1 tomato and another requires 2, the shopping list should say 3 tomatoes. And the same for weights. I rejected other apps solely because they didn't have this feature. I use the web application interface to import my recipes (from a file, not a website) which is a bit dated in appearance but works well, and after that I use both my phone and my tablet for the meal plans and shopping list. There are also other features that I don't use. Like another reviewer I am in Australia but I don't have any problems. I don't use the barcode feature they complain of. I just need the metric measurements and the ability to enter and reuse non-American ingredient names, and this app does those no problem.
This is a fabulous app! It's so easy to use and has already made our lives so much more organised! It has already saved us $$ in reducing food wastage and its only week 2! I also love it for the fact that when I travel for work I can remind hubby to eat the leftovers LOL! Like anything it's a bit to set up but worth it. A few pointers for newbies - it works like 1.set up recipes and modify them using your words (e.g. Scallions are Spring Onions or Shallots in AU). Take note of the units of measurement they use in recipes; 2. do a food audit and use the chosen units of measurement (I've used cups for all dry ingredients and teaspoons for spices and tablespoons for sauces; baking soda and stock powder etc. as this is what was commonly recognised in recipes) 3.organise the week and generate a shopping list. The reason to do it in this order is that it's data and if you use different measurements to do your audit then the recipe does then your shopping list won't be accurate so choosing units of measurement and sticking to it makes sure you have as close as possible list of actual ingredients.
Has changed the way I shop and cook!
This app is without a doubt saving me money.
The ease of being able to know what is in my pantry, fridge, and freezer from my iPhone is amazing.
Even better, being able to check recipes against that inventory for shopping purposes. BRILLIANT!
I thought that was it? Nope. Found out you can sync one account over multiple devices, and it’s not connected to your Apple ID! It uses its own unique account login. Mum, Dad, Kids, Housemates, Partners, everyone can have the same update to date information.
Also a handy shopping list. If you found something on sale, you can assign items to particular stores with a note or direction as to why.
This app has it all! Totally worth the small price tag.
One feature I’d love to see incorporated would be the ability to add photos into the directions section of recipes. Sometimes a reference photo is helpful when looking for a particular consistency or colour.
Also, can we get a pink colour scheme? Am I right?
Keep up the great work!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.