Medscape is the leading online global destination for physicians and healthcare professionals worldwide, offering the latest medical news and expert perspectives; point-of-care drug and disease information; and relevant professional education and CME/CE. The Medscape app is designed to provide a personalized experience so that you can easily access what you need, when you need it.
* Discover the latest clinical news and perspectives in your specialty with our tailored newsfeed. Receive alerts about FDA approvals, conference news, late-breaking clinical trial data, and more.
* Access Reference articles, News, and CME/CE courses with our modern taskbar.
* Customize your homescreen, save your favorite clinical tools, and bookmark articles you like or want to check out later.
Additional Key Features:
* Look up the most current prescribing and safety information on 8500+ prescription and OTC drugs, herbals, and supplements.
* Check out other useful resources, including our drug interaction checker, specialty-specific calculators, pill identifier, and more.
* Find essential procedures in your field with 6200+ Reference articles.
* Earn free CME/CE credits and ABIM MOC points on-the-go, and monitor your progress with our built-in Activity Tracker.
* Access the largest network for physicians and medical students with Consult.
Use your Medscape account to access the Medscape app. Don't have a Medscape account? You can sign up for free when you download the app—it takes only a few seconds.
Do you have feedback for the Medscape team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for using Medscape! We've listened to your feedback and made some performance enhancements and bug fixes to optimize your experience.
To make sure you don't miss a thing, just keep your automatic updates turned on.
Ratings and Reviews
Drug-drug interaction checker
A great resource in general and excellent that it is free, however, some of the interaction explanations appear odd. For example, trimethoprim interacts with methotrexate through additive folate antagonism and this is a well known mechanism, but the interaction checker highlights competition for protein binding as the mechanism behind this interaction. Not only is this incorrect it could affect the way the interaction is dealt with in practice as protein binding interactions are typically transient and overcome by equilibrium of drug clearance following a brief period of high drug levels.
Medical App packed with annoying Ads
Please at least give us a paid version with no Ads
Medscape for iPhone
One of the best apps available: It is totally free and does not contain anoying adds: You can view most of it off line, and there is the ability to save articles to view later when required; you need to be on-line for updates, the best part is that they send you reminders, when new information is available: It has American drugs eg 'acetaminophen' and 'meperidine' but you soon get used to these: It has sections on Drugs, OTCs & Herbals, Diseases & Conditions, Progedures & Protocols, plus an interaction checker that works really well and gives the mechanism and suggestions. There is also a search function for the whole database or just sections eg Drugs or Conditions or Procedures. Do not hesitate to download this great app if you are in any way involved in the medical profession.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.