Know your medicine with MedSearch™.
MedSearch™ connects consumers, carers, doctors, nurses and pharmacists to trusted and current information about prescription medicines in Australia. Simply search the medicine name to find its Consumer Medicine Information (CMI) or Product Information (PI) document.
• Quickly access prescription medicine information from your phone
• ‘Favourite’ your medicine information and keep it all one place
• Save medicine info documents and view them anytime
• ‘Share’ with family and friends
CONSUMER MEDICINE INFORMATION (CMI)
The CMI is a leaflet for patients or carers containing information on the safe and effective use of a medicine. It does not contain all the information known about the medicine.
The CMI helps the patient or their carer find:
• The names of the active and inactive ingredients
• The recommended dosage of the medicine
• What the medicine is approved for and how it works
• Warnings and precautions, such as when the medicine should not be taken
• Interactions the medicine might have with food or other medicines
• How to use the medicine properly
• A selection of the most common or most serious side effects
• What to do in the case of an overdose
• How to store the medicine properly
• The name and address of the sponsor
PRODUCT INFORMATION (PI)
The PI document provides health professionals with a summary of the scientific information relevant to the safe and effective use of a prescription medicine. They are technical documents which include information about a medicine’s clinical trials, adverse effects, dosage and administration, overdosage and interaction with other medicines among other things.
Whether you are a pharmacist helping patients to understand their medicine, or a consumer with a concern, MedSearch™ can connect you with important information about prescription medicine.
MedSearch support www.tga.gov.au/medsearch-app
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Changes to screenshots and operating system support on app store.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, accurate, handy.
This app is simple to use, it's handy to be able to get the most up to date and correct information about the medicines my family is taking. The favourites is helpful, now I can get the drug names right when I'm asked.
Fantastic app but needs an update
This app is fantastic and super useful as a Coeliac checking if medication is gluten free. Unfortunately since updating to IOS 15 my searches now encounter an unexpected error and don’t work.
Fantastic app for on the go
As a clinical pharmacist practising in Australia this app is incredibly helpful. I don’t always have access to a computer being on wards so it’s a good resource to consult for product information quickly.
The developer, Australian Department of Health, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Department of Health, Australian Capital Territory
- 22.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © The Commonwealth of Australia as represented by the Therapeutic Goods Administration within the Department of Health
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.