Mendeley is a free reference manager and PDF reader designed for researchers, students, and knowledge-workers.
Make your own fully-searchable library in seconds, read and annotate your PDFs, and collaborate with others in private groups. Sync your library across all your devices including Mendeley Desktop, where you can easily cite your research as you write in Microsoft Word or LibreOffice.
• Read, highlight & annotate PDFs from anywhere
• Sync annotations & documents across all your devices
• Save PDFs to your Mendeley library from other apps or your web browser
• Use Mendeley offline during your commute, and sync when you have connection
• Search your library for keywords in the Title, Authors, Publication or Abstract
• Edit document details (Title, Authors, Publication details, etc…)
• Download or remove PDFs on demand, to easily manage device storage space
• All features are available on your Tablet or Phone
"What [Mendeley] are up to is boldly innovative. The Mendeley team is attempting nothing less than changing the way scientists conduct and share their research." - Wired
- Interface improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can’t seem to open files from browser though and having to airdrop them /send them between ios devices to do this. Otherwise is good was easy to set up.
Useful app when writing papers and research
Very useful app and synchronises nicely with the cloud based storage and my PC version of Mendeley.
Allows me to annotate and search my references, the virtual folder and tags feature are outstanding for organising and retrieving references. The offline feature makes the iPad an invaluable tool when working in the field and in cafes!
Doesn’t work anymore
The app freezes upon syncing and isn’t able to download and open the PDF files of papers I have attached. Used to work fine on much older iOS versions (iOS 9) but it seems support has been dropped or at least drastically reduced. Really disappointed about this as I use Mendeley as my main reference manager on PC, would’ve been great to have it working on the iPad to read papers on the go as well.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.