* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* CUT DOWN GLARE WITH DARK MODE. Dark mode is a sleek new look that goes easy on the eyes by switching the background from white to black.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
We are working on improving the Messenger app experience. During this time, you may experience a more streamlined app, as well as some feature changes along the way.
Thanks for using Messenger!
Ratings and Reviews
New update Sept/ 2018
Messenger is such a nice app, we can chat to family, friends, have groups and be able to share and store pictures until this update. We used to be able to tap the name of te char or the name of the person we were chatting to and access all photos shared in the conversation now you can’t, which is a terrible thing when it comes to being able to find some important information or reference. Also it seems that we no longer can go back and read the conversation that happened over 5 months ago because the history of the chat ends there! I wanted to access some pictures and the dates I shared them with a friend and nothing, just until April, and I had shared the pictures back in February so I couldn’t find it.
If it ain't broke don't fix it
The new update of this app has left me wondering what those app developers are spending their days doing.
There have been many unnecessary and quite obviously unwanted changes made in Messenger's recent update that has just left myself and everyone who ik uses the app in utter frustration.
The first of the subtle but annoying changes are the dots when typing - this is helpful for one to see if their counterpart is planning on replying to the message or simply leaving them on read.
Another change would be in the games. This one I'm particularly salty about. As an avid player of the games messenger had to offer, the new update has left it looking even of less quality than it did before, I don't know how this is possible or how the app developers have managed to make it look like I'm playing on a 2006 Nokia phone.
For the more competitive of us out there, Messenger is seemingly almost entirely useless on the matter of scores within a chat. For competitive purposes, I like showing off my score and high streaks. This new update is riddled with bugs and doesn't show the scoring, leaving my counterpart and myself in much frustration. Not to mention the ads. Honestly no comment there, it speaks for itself - get rid of them. Facebook makes more than enough money as it is, you don't need ads on the add-on app you make us get.
I expect these problems to be rectified immediately on the next update this app has to offer.
Why would the people responsible for updating the messenger app make it so ugly and confusing to use with each newer update?? And what’s worse is when you don’t update it for a while after the new update is out, they have the audacity to keep reminding you of the update! And no matter how many times you click the “not now” button, they come back to ask the same thing an hour later. Enough! I didn’t want to update the app because I know every time I do update it, it gets progressively worse. My eyes hurt from looking at what has been done with the recent update. I want to undo the update but I don’t know how. No one should ever update the messenger app, no matter how much harassment you may receive from the app telling you to update it. Sometimes things are supposed to be left alone the way they are. Don’t mess them up like this. I hate this update. It’s worse than the previous update. I don’t like it at all. And neither should anyone else.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 279.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.