SALE - 50% OFF!
Apple's iPad APP OF THE WEEK (UK and Ireland), March 2011
AppStore Rewind 2011, one of Apple's favourite iPhone finance apps of 2011 (UK and Ireland)
Closely monitor your household energy and water usage and the chances are you will SAVE MONEY!
This useful application makes it easy to MONITOR your household utility meters. Once you start entering readings, your usage, costs and savings are calculated and displayed in easy to visualise graphs.
For UK users, you can also compare your usage and costs against energy supplier prices in your area to see if you can SAVE EVEN MORE money. You can even switch suppliers directly from your device!
- Monitor up to NINE separate household meters, e.g. electricity, gas, water, solar ... etc
- Quick entry of readings, as often as you like
- Use the rear-facing torch/flashlight when reading your meters (if your device has one)
- Local reminders so you don't forget to enter your readings
- Displays usage and costs for the latest readings period, and compares this with your average or previous year
- Plots graphs of usage and costs per day, week, month, quarter or year, so that you can visualise changes over time, e.g. against the previous year
- Multiple colour themes (black, red, blue, green ... etc)
- Import historical readings from a CSV file
- Export readings as a CSV file for easy import into a spreadsheet
- Backup your data and sync it between devices by email, AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
- Universal app, works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
METERS, CURRENCY AND RATES
- User configurable units, so the app could be used for other types of measurement
- Support for meters that count up (e.g. electricity, gas, water ... etc), down (e.g. oil, petrol/gas ... etc), or where your readings ARE your usage (e.g. broadband data)
- Uses the currency from your device's region setting, but you can override this per meter (e.g. for holiday homes)
- Handles a wide range of rates and charges, e.g. fixed or time based rates, per-unit rates, stepped rates for up to 12 levels, Economy 7/10, time of day meters ... etc
- Support for rate changes, if/when you switch supplier or they change your rates
- Check your bills by comparing any pair of readings (e.g. those submitted to your supplier)
- View your usage and costs since your last bill, as well as an estimate of when and how much your next bill will be
PRICE COMPARISON (UK only)
- Compare your usage and costs against energy supplier prices for your postcode
- Completely independent tariff calculator from Energylinx, the UK's number 1 guide to utility prices
- Switch energy suppliers directly on your device, or email yourself a link to do it on a computer
PRO USER FEATURES (via a ONE-TIME in-app purchase)
- Removes the restriction on meter numbers, e.g. for landlords, businesses and professionals
Please don't leave support requests on iTunes as these are anonymous and I have no way of contacting you if I have questions. Instead there is a link to my support page from iTunes and from the app itself (or simply go to http://grahamhaley.co.uk/meters/).
Alternatively, PLEASE contact me directly via my support pages and you will get a quick response.
Added more options for exporting readings and backup files, e.g. using AirDrop or directly to other apps.
Added a workaround for an iOS issue where the wrong decimal separator is used on the iPhone decimal number keypad. This prevented some users from entering detailed rates.
Note that you now require iOS 9 or above. Older versions (of iOS and the app) should continue to work, but you will no longer get updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, use it weekly
Have been using this app for just over 12 months now and find it very useful to keep track of electricity, solar and water.
Once setup it is very easy to use. I input weekly on iPhone and then transfer to iPad for analysis. I track my electricity in and output to the grid as well as actual solar production. This gives a great overview of what we actually produce and use. Unfortunately in Australia we have a very complex system of charges so I only track production and usage.
It is very interesting to see the relationship between our weather, electricity production and water usage, when the weather is hot my wife uses more water on the garden.
It would be useful to be able to overlay three graphs , ie power in, power out and solar production.
Thanks for a great app.
I like keeping a track on my usage. This app has clear graphics that shows if there is any change in my usage patterns as a result of changes that I have made, or if there is a problem with one of the suppliers.
What I would like to see is the ability to look at individual years, not just the current or previous year, but going back as far as the inputted data.
I have used this app for recording my meter readings every week since January 2011. I wouldn't be without it. It has never crashed and has been well thought out. Thank you.
After watching our electricity bill spiral out of control I decided to give this APP a crack. Absolutely brilliant. Have already been able to see the difference of installing energy efficient LED downlights. Would love the ability to match quarterly bill cycles with quarter function on this APP. Our bills quarter is not Jan 1 - Mar 31 for example. Australian charges are pretty difficult to include in this APP because of summer rates and various rates based on usage. I'm just using an average of 30c per kWh. Otherwise absolutely superb.
- Graham Haley
- 19.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2019, Graham Haley
- In-App Purchases
- Pro User Features $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.