Microsoft Excel, the spreadsheet app, lets you create, view, edit and share your files quickly and easily. Manage spreadsheets, tables and workbooks attached to email messages from your phone with this powerful productivity app from Microsoft.
Work in data analysis, accounting, auditing or other fields confidently with anyone, anywhere. With Excel, your Office moves with you. Quickly graph the most complex formulas, charts and tables with amazing features.
Budget, review spreadsheets and run data analysis on the go. Customise tables and spreadsheets the way you want with robust formatting tools and great features. The productivity app lets you build your spreadsheet to meet your specific needs, for whatever you’re doing.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Office 365 subscription. Create templates, edit spreadsheets, organise charts and share with ease when you download Microsoft Excel today.
Tables & spreadsheets: Create, calculate and analyse
• Jump-start your budget, task list, accounting or financial analysis with Excel’s modern templates.
• Quickly graph with familiar formulas to run calculations and analyse your data.
• Rich productivity features and formatting options make your workbook easier to read and use.
• All spreadsheet features, formats and formulas operate the same way – no matter which device you use.
Productivity App: Review, Edit, and work anywhere
• Review your Excel files from any device.
• Edit sheets and data or update your task list from anywhere.
• Spreadsheet features such as sort and filter columns help focus your reviews.
• Create, duplicate, hide and unhide sheets easily.
• Analyse data using common charts and graphs.
• Use spreadsheet features such as add and edit chart labels to highlight key insights in your data.
• Pie chart maker: create charts and graphs from your data.
Finance: Budgeting & accounting
• Use agile spreadsheets and charts to help manage budgets.
• Familiar tools to help you drill down to your exact finance needs.
• Calculate tax estimates, personal finances and more.
Draw and annotate with ink
• Make notes, highlight portions of your worksheet, create shapes or write maths equations using the draw tab feature in Excel on devices with touch capabilities.
Sharing made easy
• Share your files with a few taps to quickly invite others to edit, view or leave comments directly in your workbooks.
• Copy the content of your worksheet into the body of an email message with its format intact or attach or copy a link to your workbook for other sharing options.
Download Microsoft Excel and get the best way to create, organise and manage data and spreadsheets from your iPhone or iPad.
To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC and Mac.
Monthly Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft Office. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
• Redesigned From Scratch: We have redesigned the app to be simpler, faster and more beautiful than before.
• Updated Alt Text Pane: Make your content more accessible by adding helpful captions or even mark elements as decorative.
• Read and Reply on the Fly: Respond to comments and mentions right from email without opening the workbook.
• Look left, look right… XLOOKUP is here: Row by row, find anything you need in a table or range with XLOOKUP.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Almost as powerful as the desktop version
I find Excel for iOS to be easy to use and nearly as capable as the desktop version for most of the things I tend to do in Excel. One thing I find annoying is the lack of an equivalent for ‘Paste Special’ - mostly I want to paste into cells as plain text, rather than HTML. Working around this is frustrating and adds extra time and effort. It would be great if a long press on a cell brought up a ‘Paste as text’ option, along with the other options.
Please fix filter options
Previously I loved using the app as it helped tremendously with my line of work of quoting on the spot using the filter function.
Since it has been updated to the latest version, that seems to have stopped and whenever i attempt to use the filter option, i have to wait at least 5mins for it to register the first letter of the word I am typing and this continues on, either that or the whole app freezes and shuts down.
It might seem minor, but the filter option is the difference between doing business efficiently or wasting valuable company time by having to rely on a desktop, which does not work for my line of work as I am on the road and rely on the IPad as my main work station.
Please fix as my company is currently looking at other options that are more compatible with IPad for efficient use.
It used go work fine and filter on large files easily without any delay or lag, but since the update, it has made things much more challenging.
Quirky, slow, frustrating
I’ve used Google Sheets for years until our organisation decided Office 365 was a better option. I have to say the features of Excel online are weak and frustrating compared to Google Sheets. You can’t do multiple conditional formatting of cells automatically. I run Zapier automations adding rows into Excel and now I can’t automate the colour based on the text value of the new row.. that’s frustrating. If I hand colour a cell, them copy it to Excel offline, colour formatting is lost - like what’s that issue? I hate the copy and paste option when copying formulas as values, there is not right click option to do so, meaning I have to go to the menu and choose the paste values option. Excel online is slower than Google Sheets, crashes a lot and does not function in the same way as Sheets. All in all, Billy Gates and his team have a lot of work to make Excel as good as Google Sheets
- Microsoft Corporation
- 282.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Home $189.99
- Office 365 Home $159.99
- Office 365 Home $169.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.