Microsoft Lens trims, enhances, and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable.
You can use Microsoft Lens to convert images to PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files, digitize printed or handwritten text, and save to OneNote, OneDrive, or your local device. You can even import images that are already on your device using Gallery.
PRODUCTIVITY AT WORK
• Scan and upload all your notes, receipts, and documents
• Capture whiteboard at end of the meeting to keep those action items on track
• Scan printed text or handwritten meeting notes to edit and share later
• Keep your business networking contacts handy by scanning business cards and saving them to your contact list
• Choose to save as PDF, Image, Word or PowerPoint formats into OneNote, OneDrive, or local device as location
PRODUCTIVITY AT SCHOOL
• Scan classroom handouts and annotate them in Word and OneNote
• Scan handwritten notes to digitize and edit later (works with English only)
• Take a picture of the whiteboard or blackboard to reference later, even if you're offline
• Keep class notes and your own research organized with the seamless integration with OneNote
Join the beta program at this link to get an early preview of the next version of Microsoft Lens and help make it better by providing us feedback: https://testflight.apple.com/join/aRahHf00
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Brainstorm meetings can often be mayhem, but the notes don’t have to be. Along with capturing regular ol’ documents, this scanning app erases glare from shots of your meeting’s whiteboard. It also transforms your scans into editable Word and PowerPoint files. We see this mighty scanner tidying up other parts of our lives too—as an archival tool for jumbled receipts, handwritten recipes and our kids’ doodles.
Fantastic for student notes
Accurate and easy to use. I use this app to scan handouts and documents as a PDF’s or jpg’s to drop quickly into notability, goodnotes 5, Nebo and elsewhere. Even if the original quality is average most times I can get a usable image. I can snap an image quickly, (best with the flash if possible to eliminate shadows). The app squares it up automatically. You can quickly alter the edit if you wish. I save it to the photo roll and drop it where I want. The pics are sharp, clear. Ready for mark up notes, signatures or what ever I need. I’ve tried others. Nothing comes close. I don’t use the ocr or whiteboard function so I cant comment on that. No subscription needed, no ads. Full functionality comes if you use Word and PowerPoint. Best I’ve found for my needs. It’s become an important part of my daily workflow. (I use the app on an iPad Air 4 with the plastic stick)
Efficient and easy to use for a free scanner
I have to scan lots of documents for online school, especially important assignments for year 12 and I needed a good quality scanner. Lens is perfect because the scans are good quality and the app is super easy to use and efficient. Best thing is it’s free. Only small issue I have is when I send over my scans to my laptop, it saves my scans for the next time I have to use it, which could be helpful for others, but for me personally it just means I have to delete them before I scan the new documents. Little issues though, great app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 49.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.