IMPORTANT: Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone requires a Lync Server or Office365/Lync Online account and will not work without it. If you are unsure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
Lync 2010 for iPhone extends the power of Lync to your mobile device – including rich presence, instant messaging, audio conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- View colleagues’ availability in real time and select the best way to communicate – initiating an instant message (IM), email, or a phone call.
- Connect to Lync conference calls with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
- Make and receive calls using your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number only, so you can connect with others using a single, consistent identity.
- Lync 2010 for iPhone provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 OR OFFICE365/LYNC ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
Ratings and Reviews
Good concept, glitchy
I'm really enjoying what Lync has to offer, especially with my company's full setup (Outlook Exchange, Polycom phones, etc). I find this app is the weak link, however.
Often a yellow banner at the top obstructing view and stating it has no network connection (even though it does). And the app freezing the iPhone entirely when I try to retrieve voice messages (about 50% of the time).
Summary: great concept, average execution. Iron out the glitches and you've got a product to be very proud of.
Good but needs improvements
This is a pretty good app but needs to improve. For over 2 days now I keep getting the message "Can't connect to the server right now. Please try again later". I have checked with other colleagues in case it's an isolated issue but they get the same message. This is ridiculous!
First of all, I like my PC Lync client, works well and fast.
iPhone version is not providing the same experience. Here are something that can be improved and will become the kicker apps of all unified communication.
1. Very slow - slow to see contact online status. Especially if you have over 50 people in your list. I have 100+.
2. Cannot sort contacts via Online/Offline status. As a person with many contacts. It is impossible to see who's online when you needed someone from with a team.
3. Meetings event - again, slow to check and sync. Would have been good to sync before user click on it.
Hope MS will improve it to make it the next best app.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 6.3 MB
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.