The Moog Model 15 App is the first Moog modular synthesizer and synthesis educational tool created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Mac.
Each facet of the Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer has been meticulously recreated in this application to ensure the power and transcendent sound quality of each module remains intact. The character, harmonic complexity and mystique of the Moog Model 15’s modules, from the legendary Moog 921–series oscillators and 904A Low Pass Filter, to the coveted 907 Fixed Filter Bank have been painstakingly preserved.
In order to develop the most immersive and expressive modular interface possible, the Model 15 App has been designed utilizing Apple’s new Metal advanced graphics engine. This ensures that all zooming, panning and modular patching throughout the application feels completely natural, something that would have been impossible otherwise.
The Model 15 App features both monophonic and 4-voice polyphonic operation is easily commanded via 4 seamlessly integrated controllers. Simple swipes and taps provide instant access to a traditional Moog keyboard, 1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities.
Also included are extended features which expand the capabilities of the app beyond the traditional offerings of the hardware Moog Model 15. These include total MIDI integration, assignment for external control, use as a MIDI controller, dedicated Audio Bridge and MIDI Bridge modules, looping recorder module with overdubbing, a master ping-pong delay module and a new extension cabinet that includes additional amplifiers and voltage-controlled reversible attenuators that can be used for effects like ring-modulation.
The Model 15 App requires Big Sur version 11.0.1 or later to work.
• Ships with over 160 unique presets
• Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
• Easily share presets and recordings with anyone
• Tutorial patches to assist all experience levels
• Intuitive patching and cable coloring
• Support for landscape and portrait modes
• Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
• Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
• Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Up to two controllers on-screen
• Optional left-handed UI operation
• AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions
• 3D Touch and Apple Pencil integration for after pressure
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• MIDI Bridge and Audio Bridge
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Change
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Typing keyboards for shortcuts and musical typing
• Share menus now list all proper apps on macOS
• Fixed VCO strong sync self-connections being sensitive to buffer size
• MIDI channel settings are now properly preserved across multiple restarts
• Improved plugin automation inside Logic Pro X
• Audio engine buffer size negotiation improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t know what i’m doing but i know i like it.
I have played around with enough Digital synths now to know that what i’m hearing come out of this little box of loopy boops activates the brain juice pumps quite effectively.
Don’t expect to actually learn how to patch a synth though, you will however will become quite adept at flipping between the excellent pre made patches in all 8 of your saved midi profiles designed to funnel as many different sounds into your skull in the shortest time possible.
You’ll have a Moog One by the end of the month so beware.
I love this Synthesiser
I can’t afford the real thing, but I don’t care. This is amazing!
The perfect way to learn about modular synthesis and subtractive analog. synthesis in general. It has kept my mind and ears satisfied for nearly two years now. I love it.
This is worth every cent. Amazing app that inspires and pushes you to new creative limits. Bob moog is a genius. Well done the the developers coders and everyone involved at moog.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Moog Music Inc.
- 149.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Moog Music Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Symbiotic Equations
- Synthesist Toolkit
- Psychotropic Synthesis $4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.