Music Flash Class is a highly customizable flash card application designed and used by a professional piano teacher. You can use it in individual lessons, home study, or in group classes with the built-in games or with games led by you. Because you know how you want to teach or how your students learn best, you can tailor the app to exactly what you want:
• You define the notes on the grand staff that you want your student to drill.
• You decide if the application should test or teach.
• You decide how many cards to drill, how long to test, and how quickly students must answer.
• You decide whether to drill in letter names, solfège, piano keyboard, and several other options.
• You can review the incorrect notes and save them for student drilling.
Music Flash Class is designed for use with all ages:
• You can lock the device’s orientation to accommodate each student’s way of holding the device.
• You can discourage accidental disruption of the games by 'locking' buttons that would normally exit the play.
• You can use built in games or design challenges for your students.
"I love the app....my students are competing against each other for time and decks completed without error!!!" - Penny L., professional piano teacher
"This app has become a favorite backseat activity in my van. My kids love playing 'Hot Potato' with it." Jodi M., parent of two piano students
Uses of Music Flash Class:
• Effortlessly pull up and drill whatever deck of notes you want during your lessons.
• Students who are waiting for their lesson can practice or test their note recognition skills.
• Practice on your own, focusing on notes that have been difficult to learn.
• Assign drilling exercises to those students who have access to an iPod Touch or iPhone.
• Use in group classes for group drilling or games.
• Design challenges that students can compete to attain.
To everybody who upgraded to iOS 8 and had this app stop working, thank you for your patience and encouragement!
- New Universal App
- Interface reworked to be compatible with iOS 8 and device independent
- iOS 7.1+ compatible
Ratings and Reviews
This app is very simple to use. The great thing about it is that i can use it for every piano student that i teach and can still find use for it to sharpen my own reading skills as a diploma student. I love using the key signatures and scale degrees and I found the pop up tips really helpful.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.