Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 123 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 183 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 123 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• iOS Files app support allows you to create and manage folders
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
• iOS 11 Files app support enables you to create and manage custom folders
• Files app (iCloud) import now allows for multiple file selection
• Fixed a bug where touches on the screen edges were ignored
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome bu needs to be fixed for iPad Pro
I’ve used this app for many many years and have recommended it to many others. Totally worth every cent plus the extra IAP for the extra sounds. But... since upgrading to an iPad Pro 2018 I’ve noticed the sound has issues crackling and it’s really messed up my workflow using with other apps. Can you please fix this app so I can add more to this review on how great it WAS before this issue?
I've been a professional musician for over fifty years and this is just the best music tool ever at the price. The sounds are good and it is so easy to use and understand. That's right! I'm an old bloke (over 70) and even I can use it to create some great music - no problems! I've just completed orchestrations for over 500 Australian traditional songs as well as thousands of country and rock standards and I've never found anything lacking. I've had this app since it first came out (I've always used it on an iPad since I got my first one) and it has just kept surprising me again and again with its flexibility. Keep at it, Alexander! Can't think of anything you can do to improve it right at the moment but I'm sure you'll think of something and, when you do, I know it'll be good.
I’ve been using this app since 2012 and it never ceases to amaze me. It has such a professional work space and easy to use. I’ve recommended it to all my friends and so far no complaints. I’ve used it to make my own music and to add band elements to other songs. I’ve learned so much from just playing around with it, and I use it every single day. Just want to say thank you to the makers. Truly an amazing app.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Alexander Gross
- 922.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- 60 Instrument Bundle $10.99
- Electro Pack $5.99
- Band Pack $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.