Learn the basics of notation and unlock the world of music theory, powered by Musicnotes – the world leader in sheet music.
Musicnotes Decks is a must-have app for every musician; you will learn:
• 50 essential musical notation symbols to understand sheet music
• Bass and Treble clef keys so you can read any piece of music
• How to interpret music via dynamics, accents, coda, and repeats
• Musical timing via time signature, rhythm, value, and rests
• Sight-reading skills by playing notes and guessing the pitch
• To test your knowledge of symbols with a proven index card format
• Definitions of all terminology with audio pronunciation guides using both British and American English musical terms
Use your newfound music theory to access Musicnotes’ premium interactive sheet music in our main app. The Musicnotes app gives you instant access to the largest selection of sheet music arrangements, and with Musicnotes Pro Premium, you can get 24 titles per year, plus PDFs included in all available keys, and additional savings on our website.
Whether music is your hobby, your profession, or your passion, the Musicnotes app gives you ultimate sheet music portability without sacrificing reliability. Download for free today and become one of the world’s musicians who take their sheet music anywhere!
Noteworthy updates in this release include:
• Backend updates to support an improved customer experience
We take care of the details so you can master the music!
Ratings and Reviews
Really like this app ... One thing I would like to see implemented is for the ability to hear the name of the note pronounced instead of hearing the pitch of the note played or maybe add the ability to toggle both options .. or even play both pitch of note and also pronounce the note name .. would make it perfect
This app is great for testing or quizzing students who have a basic knowledge if music theory. I find that the wording in the explanation has to sometimes be re-explained, but I think it helps understanding when you have to work through. I love that there is an option to change the way notation is named (ei. Crotchet - quarter note)
All in all, exactly what I expected.
Old dog learns new tricks....
I’m in my late fifties and am learning a musical instrument for the first time (tenor sax!). I need to learn my sheet music skills from scratch and this is just what I need. Anytime I’ve a couple of free moments I just pull out my phone and polish my recognition speed. Only criticism is that I wish there was a mute sound effects button. The card riffle noise is especially irritating!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 123.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Musicnotes.com
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.