The MyFoxtel app is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you manage your account as well as find shows to watch and record them to your Foxtel box — no matter where you are in Australia!
- Browse or Search the Foxtel TV Guide
- Change channels on your Foxtel box
- Record shows to your Foxtel box
- Set reminders for shows you want to watch
- Series Link programs (when available). This allows you to record a whole series rather than just one episode – so you’ll never miss your favourite shows again!
- Change your Set Top Box nicknames
- Purchase Main Events directly to your Foxtel box
- Change your Foxtel package
- View and pay your bills
- Update your personal contact details
- Save channels to your Favourites list
- Message us directly from within the app with any enquiry you have
• View and reschedule tech appointments via My Account
• Ability to add Multiroom Casting to your package via Shop
Please contact us at http://community.foxtel.com.au/ if you are experiencing issues.
Ratings and Reviews
The search function is a joke. Shows that are advertised on tv as starting in, say, three weeks can’t be found using the search function. And the search function has no concept of relevance. Typing in “rugby” on the night of a bledisloe test gives you dozens of utterly irrelevant hits, through which you have to scroll interminably until you find the game that tens of thousands of people actually want to watch.
And how hard would it be to have an app that doubles as a remote control? I can control my TV, AV receiver, Apple TV and Telstra TV using my iPhone. But not Foxtel, that’d be too obvious. So when my kids lose the remote, I have to try to work it using the front panel, which has next to zero functionality.
Almost ready for prime time ...
OK ... an update of my earlier assessment.
Still has the odd glitch, but I can now say it is superior to the predecessor Foxtel app. Has a better GUI, is faster and more responsive, has better program information screens, and is an overall improvement. Has the time and effort by the developers been worthwhile, or could they have simply improved the original app ... remains to be seen. (Although the original application often fell over when it was being updated ... often to the extent that the update was unusable. Hopefully this won't occur with this app.)
Your app is a joke
This is the first time in my life that I’ve been compelled to write a review of an iPhone application. It is beyond a joke that accompanied the size of Foxtel cannot produce a rudimentary application without obvious and huge bugs. All I want to do is view the TV Guide. When using a web browser the TV Guide does not load on your website. I then get automatically redirected to the application. Clicking TV Guide does not work and does nothing. “Something went wrong” is the error message.
Don’t get me started on how bad your Foxtel Now app is! I would’ve thought the competition from Netflix and Stan would have caused you to become competent in technology. Apparently not.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.