This app is made for black swans, a cherished native bird species of Australia. Our research team collars and studies some of these beautiful birds with an aim to find out more about their breeding and migration patterns, long term health and the impact of humans on their well-being. This app can be used to find out all about black swans and report sightings of collared birds. Please signup after you download the app to become a swan-friend and add your valuable observations to our research. Celebrate these majestic and unique Australian icons!
MySwan is a long running citizen sciences project from the University of Melbourne, School of BioSciences.
1. New user loyalty programme – silver, gold and platinum status based on the number of swan sightings
2. Fonts and ui enhancements to make it a cleaner design
3. Changed flow after first download to show user agreement acceptance and lead to the profile sign-up page
4. Information, Q&A and disclaimer pages content changed slightly
5. Past sightings stored for quicker retrieval
- University of Melbourne
- 43.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © University of Melbourne, School of Biosciences and Science IT, Faculty of Science
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.