Now, more than ever, parents and teachers value traditional skills and accept the need to teach digital skills. Narrator AR is proud to provide the best of both in our Narrator AR Preschool Writing app.
Narrator AR aims to inspire and nurture curiosity for learning in a unique way that drives discovery and enchantment for early learners (3-5 year olds).
About the Narrator AR Preschool Writing App:
Your child is the creator, technology is just the enabler.
The key focus of this app is to encourage your child to write their name with pen and paper.
The truly unique experience is then using the app to animate their name as a launching rocket or a prancing unicorn. Using Augmented Reality the letters appear to levitate off the page.
For the Augmented Reality to work you need to create and print a template for your child to write on.
Just follow these 4 simple steps:
1. Create your unique name page on our website, http://www.narratorar.com.au.
It’s free and you can use it even if you don’t use the app.
2. Print your page.
We suggest you print a few! Try your pet’s name or any word that your child wants to write.
3. Write your name on the page.
… with a pen, pencil, or crayon.
4. Download and open the app.
- Download "Narrator AR" from the App Store
- Choose your character - Klugger the Rocket or Bimbi the Unicorn
- Hold your device over the page so that you can see your unique QR code
- An orange button will appear asking if you have finished writing. Click this button
- Enjoy the show!
- At the end, take a screen shot or play it again in either character
Narrator AR Preschool Writing App Summary:
• This preschool learning app encourages children to pick up a pen and write, write and then write some more!
• The goal is not only to improve your child’s writing but for them to enjoy writing.
• Create your name page (or other word) and your child can trace the letters.
• It is important that children learn and write words relevant to them so once they have conquered their name, try other names – siblings or pet, their suburb or any other words that they want to write.
• Handwriting engages many different physical and cognitive skills including hand eye coordination, fine motor skills, reading and writing skills, comprehension, inner expressive language and imagination.
• This educational app uses Augmented Reality.
• Augmented Reality is new technology and an exciting introduction to digital learning. It places a digital layer over the top of our ‘real world’.
• Different characters and word animations used in this kids’ app will motivate children to practise handwriting.
• Privacy is maintained with no location tagging.
• Unique combination of traditional and digital skills.
• We want children to learn one thing; they are the creator, artist and author. The technology merely brings their genius to life.
• Early learners need positive reinforcement. This Augmented Reality experience confirms that they can write.
• A sensory play based approach is necessary to successfully engage early learners.
• Surprise and delight is good for everyone!
• Simple and intuitive controls for young children
• High-quality 3D rendered illustrations
• Playful sounds
• Animations so real you want to touch them!
• A self directed Augmented Reality experience for early learners
• Ability to easily create personalised names and words for free
• No in app purchases or third party advertising - worry free for parents
• Once the app has been downloaded this preschool game needs no wifi to be active
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Really worth it once you get started
Yes, you do have to print a writing template but it’s easy to do SO worth it. It’s quite magical watching the characters come off the page and we loved the roaring rocket and tinkling unicorn sound effects. Great to finally see some AR for kids I can happily use with my students. Well worth it.
Super for young kids
This app is just a wonder to behold. Watch as a unicorn or rocket help you children with spelling or numbers. Pet names etc. this should be a must for all kindergartens and pre schools. It’s worth every cent. Takes a little time to get used to but once your there it’s fantastic. Well done 👍
One of my grandsons has just used this and wanted to write his name many times. I can see this as great value as I have several grandchildren at different stages of writing. It was very easy to use and we all had fun.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Katrina Youdale
- 111.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Pympton Labs