A source of endless inspiration for the insatiably curious, the National Geographic app reveals new insights into cultures, ideas, and discoveries through high-definition storytelling. Your free account gives you access to a personalised feed of the topics you love.
**Please note: The App is available to customers who are 18+ yrs, or 15-17 yrs with parental permission. By downloading the app you confirm that you are 18 years of age or have parental permission.
National Geographic and Nat Geo Wild live + the latest blockbusters and the best National Geographic documentaries on demand.
by award-winning photos.
groundbreaking articles by pioneers in storytelling
our rich history through curated archives dating back to 1888.
National Geographic Australia App subscription offer details:
- Monthly subscription: $9.99/month
• Payment will be processed through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew per the billing cycle of your subscription (i.e., monthly or yearly) 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account.
• The renewal charge for your Subscription shall be the same as the original purchase price, unless you are otherwise notified in advance.
• To avoid the billing of fees for the next Subscription period, you must switch off your monthly or yearly Subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• You will not receive a refund for the fees you already paid for you current Subscription period and you will continue to have access to your Subscription until the end of your current Subscription period.
• National Geographic provides no refunds and you may cancel auto-renewal at any time. All sales are final.
• After purchase via iTunes, you will have unlimited access on this device.
We update the National Geographic app as often as possible to make it better for you. Please continue to leave reviews and let us know what you’d like to see.
In addition to numerous stability and performance improvements, this version includes the following bug fixes:
• Fixed a bug that prompted an already signed-in user to sign in again after tapping on a notification.
• Addressed some UI glitches with titles in the For You feed.
• Fixed a few bugs that caused users to be signed out of the app without notice.
• Subscribe button is no longer visible on Shows section if you have already subscribed or logged in.
Ratings and Reviews
The Hot Zone
I am a Optus customer so the app is available to me through my account. The app is pretty good, but could definitely be improved. Takes a bit to scroll through all the alphabetically displayed programs to find what you like. Would be good if they were grouped into categories. Once you do find something you like you can add it to your favourites. Also for some reason I can play everything fine on my iPhone and through Apple TV except for your new series ‘The Hot Zone’. It just won’t start streaming. It has worked at my dads place on Telstra Wi-Fi but not at home on Optus.
New version has less useful features
I like a nice nature documentary in the evenings. The old version of this app had some glitches, eg many videos would be missing several seconds of audio and video (even though the video was still playing). I was hopeful such problems would be fixed in the upgrade.
Unfortunately they haven’t. What’s more, the time indicators are gone, as is the ability to add something to you favourites without first opening the article/video. This means you can’t just scroll through a list and create a list of things to watch later - you have to actually start watching it in order to see how long it goes for and to save it to your favourites. That’s pretty useless. Why would they remove functionality that was there in the first place?
Developer Response ,
Hi, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a detailed review as we value and encourage feedback. We would like to get in touch with you as we are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our users within the National Geographic App. Please reach out to us at:email@example.com info with your feedback and suggestions.
App won’t load (just after the update I was able to log in and watch once) now since then whenever I try to open the app is just shows the yellow rectangle in the center of the screen and nothing else, no load icon, nothing, it just sits there. haven’t been able to watch anything on the app for a few days now. tried rebooting phone and app. anything else to try? otherwise was great app to watch air crash on. just want it to work please
Developer Response ,
Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are aware of this issue and we will have a resolution for this in our next app update. If you would like to contact us to discuss further, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Geographic Partners, LLC
- 121.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © National Geographic Partners
- In-App Purchases
- National Geographic Monthly $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.