▶The most popular app in Korea
Provided by NAVER.COM, the No.1 search portal service in Korea, this dictionary app offers accurate and abundant contents.
■ Effective helper for learning Korean
- 6.57M words and 2.84M examples
- Related forms and grammar tips
Study origin words, derivatives, and applications
- Voice actor-recorded pronunciation as well as TTS pronunciation
- Fun usage of the word
- Word book: Create your own word book with vocabulary of your choice
- Today's Korean: learn Korean with a new conversation script every day
- V LIVE Fansubs: real examples from dictionary search page
■ Easy to input foreign languages
- Handwriting, voice, and text recognition input methods:
offered depending on the language characteristics of the relevant dictionary
- Easy search with word auto-complete feature!
■ Collaborative Dictionary
- Open Dictionary: Share words that aren't found in the dictionary
- User Translation: Challenge yourself with Korean/English translation!
- Encyclopedia of Knowledge
- Korean Dictionary
- Korean Dictionary for learners: English/Arabic/Chinese/French/Indonesian/Mongolian/Russian/Spanish/Thai/Vietnamese
- English Dictionary: English-Korean, Korean-English, English-English, English-Indonesian
- Japanese Dictionary: Japanese-Korean, Korean-Japanese, Japanese Chinese Character
- Chinese Dictionary: Chinese-Korean, Korean-Chinese
- Chinese Character Dictionary
- Albanian Dictionary: Albanian-Korean
- Arabic Dictionary: Korean-Arabic
- Burmese Dictionary: Burmese-Korean
- Cambodian Dictionary: Cambodian-Korean
- Czech Dictionary: Czech-Korean
- Dutch Dictionary: Dutch-Korean, Korean-Dutch
- Finnish Dictionary: Finnish-Korean
- French Dictionary: French-Korean, Korean-French
- Georgian Dictionary: Georgian-Korean
- German Dictionary: German-Korean, Korean-German
- Greek Dictionary(Modern/Ancient) : Greek-Korean
- Hebrew Dictionary(Ancient): Hebrew-Korean
- Hindi Dictionary: Hindi-Korean, Korean-Hindi
- Hungarian Dictionary: Hungarian-Korean, Korean-Hungarian
- Indonesian Dictionary: Indonesian-Korean
- Italian Dictionary: Italian-Korean, Korean-Italian
- Latin Dictionary: Latin-Korean
- Mongolian Dictionary: Mongolian-Korean
- Nepali Dictionary: Nepali-Korean
- Persian Dictionary: Persian-Korean
- Polish Dictionary: Polish-Korean
- Portuguese Dictionary: Portuguese-Korean, Korean-Portuguese
- Romanian Dictionary: Romanian-Korean
- Russian Dictionary: Russian-Korean, Korean-Russian
- Spanish Dictionary: Spanish-Korean, Korean-Spanish
- Swahili Dictionary: Swahili-Korean
- Swedish Dictionary: Swedish-Korean, Korean-Swedish
- Tetum Dictionary: Tetum-Korean
- Thai Dictionary: Thai-Korean, Korean-Thai
- Turkish Dictionary: Korean-Turkish
- Ukrainian Dictionary: Ukrainian-Korean
- Uzbek Dictionary: Uzbek-Korean, Korean-Uzbek
- Vietnamese Dictionary: Vietnamese-Korean, Korean-Vietnamese
- Open Dictionary
See NAVER Dictionary Official Blog ( http://blog.naver.com/dic_master ) for more information.
Please leave your inquiry with NAVER Dictionary Customer Center ( https://m.help.naver.com/support/alias/contents2/dictionary/dictionary_8.naver ) in case a problem occurs while using the app.
- New English-Korean Dictionary & English Wordbook were released
- English-English Wordbook was released
- Updated Continuous playback feature (Wordbook)
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Korean Dictionary
For those of you who are like me and trying their best to study Korean, I'm sure this question has struck you = "Where can I find a good dictionary app for my wonderful 한국말?"
The answer is: nowhere.
Except, here comes 네이버 to save the day
The dictionary is 대박. Nothing more to be added. Hanja? Got you covered. Learning another language on the side? Hey, it's multilingual.
Then comes the issue of interface.
It's a web-based app.
Shock horror, terror and absolute death.
You guessed it. It's kind of slow, clunky and not smooth nor fluid at all.
Secondly, I have this language to learn Korean, so having all the buttons and settings in Korean is probably too hard for someone who needs a dictionary still, let alone on their phone.
Aside for that, this is the best you'll get.
Glitch or not that great update
Previously you could easily find the translator but presently it's almost impossible to find. Initially I was also able to sign in using my LINE account but now it doesn't work for me although the software regularly updates. I mean the new update is great as a phrasebook more than it was previously, I guess, but trying to find a translator I might now prefer the online web version instead. Nonetheless thanks for the service; anticipating for future improvements.
몇년간 써오고 있는데 단어 검색후 발음 들려주는 기능 다시 추가해주세요. 저번 업뎃후 기능이 없어져서 발음을 듣는기능이 없네요. 그리고 동의어 반의어도 있어서 좋았는데...
- NAVER Corp.
- 86 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Copyright ⓒ NAVER Corp. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.