Navy SEALs require an extraordinarily high level muscular strength, flexibility and cardiovascular fitness to carry out assigned missions. With over 220 exercises, 90+ movies and 20 calculators and hundreds of pages of reference material, Navy SEAL Fitness helps you to train like a Navy SEAL.
To train for these physically demanding tasks, the Navy created The Navy SEAL Physical Fitness Guide. The authors of this comprehensive guide, physicians and physiologists, were chosen because of their special qualifications in the area of physical fitness and their knowledge of the SEAL community. Their expertise ensured the guide was written with a goal of expanding the individual Navy SEAL's knowledge of attaining and retaining a high level of fitness.
Because SEALs train for mission related performance, the objective for every workout is elite fitness, validated by the ability to perform every task at the level necessary to accomplish any mission – no matter what. What does that mean? It means that training must be comprised of broad and inclusive, constantly varied functional movements that are performed at high intensity in order to prepare for the unknown.
The Navy SEALS are an elite branch of the U.S. Special Forces whose reputation for outstanding physical fitness is unparalleled. Now everybody that wants to improve his or her health, strength and endurance can take advantage of this information.
* Overview of physical fitness
* Exercise physiology
* Muscle structure and Function
* Principles of physical training
* Specificity of training
* Determining your training heart rate
* Energy systems used by exercising muscle
* Lactic acid and ATP-CP system for anaerobic work
* Methods of physical training
* Cardiorespiratory conditioning
* Determination of work rate
* Active recovery
* How to estimate your maximal aerobic capacity
* Types of aerobic activities
* Basic workouts
* Running for fitness
* Swimming for fitness
* Strength training
* Flexibility training
* Sports related injuries
* Physical fitness and training recommendations
* Weight lifting techniques
* Anatomical terms and diagrams
* Special Forces Nutritional Guide now free!
* Compatible with iOS 10
* Uses iOS standard sharing
Ratings and Reviews
This app is really great for gaining comprehensive knowledge in fitness and motivating yourself to train better and harder. It's well written and has valuable tips. Worth the buy, worth the read. I bought it two years ago and I'm re-downloading it to read it again.
I wish this was out earlier for the general public.
This has helped me to understand what I need to do to progress through the levels of fitness required not just for a normal healthy life but to aim for a higher goal in a safe manner.
So that's why there so good.
A book that tells you not only how to do something but more importantly why you are doing it. And with the addition of workout videos gives you even more to think on.
- Double Dog Studios
- 329.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2009-2017 Double Dog Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Special Operations Forces Nutrition Guide
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.