Nelson College is an innovative boys’ school founded in 1856. The college takes pride in being New Zealand’s oldest state school with a rich heritage of tradition forming a backdrop to modern educational practice.
The latest ERO report (2012) has acknowledged and reinforced the Nelson College Vision.
- The college has a long history and students and staff are proud of its traditions.
- Its vision is to equip students with the skills, knowledge, attitudes and values that they need to fulfil their potential as citizens in the 21st century. High priority is given to a sense of belonging among students.
- Students are encouraged and supported to take increasing responsibility for their own learning and progress.
- Teachers effectively engage students in learning. Interactions are respectful, friendly and cooperative. Positive relationships are evident between teachers and learners. Staff demonstrate a strong commitment to professional learning and development.
- The college's curriculum is driven by the board's outcome-focussed strategic goals: academic excellence; personal development; and a sense of belonging. Senior leaders have developed a curriculum that effectively meets the changing and increasingly diverse needs of individuals and groups of students at the college.
- School-wide career education and guidance is cohesive, sequential and effectively co-ordinated.
Nelson College has high expectations of its students in their academic, co-curricular and personal development. We pride ourselves on providing many and varied opportunities for young men that will give them a bright future and allow them to take their place in the world.
Some useful features of Nelson College App:
- Receive daily notices
- Keep up to date with the calendar
- Quick access to newsletters
- Quick access to canteen menu
- Access to uniform information.
- COXTECH PTY LTD
- 30 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nelson College New Zealand
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.