A New Internationalist magazine reader for Australian and international subscribers.
Take the New Internationalist social justice magazine with you wherever you are. Read it off-line and share articles with your friends even if they're not New Internationalist subscribers.
The New Internationalist is a leading world-wide magazine that brings to life the big issue of our time: action for global justice. We believe in putting people before profit, in climate justice, tax justice, equality, social responsibility and human rights for all.
Purchase single copies of New Internationalist magazine via in-app purchases or buy a 12 month or 3 month subscription for access to the entire digital archive of magazines.
Information about our non-renewing and auto-renewing in-app purchase subscriptions:
- This app offers purchases of non-renewing and auto-renewing subscriptions to New Internationalist Magazine.
- The length of the subscriptions offered are 12 months or 3 months.
- The New Internationalist Magazine is published 10 times a year, with a combined issue in January/February and June/July.
- A 12 month non-renewing subscription costs AUD$46.99 (AUD$4.70 per issue).
- A 12 month auto-renewing subscription costs AUD$37.99 (AUD$3.80 per issue).
- A 3 month auto-renewing subscription costs AUD$12.99 (AUD$4.33 per issue).
- The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of your purchase.
- Auto-renew subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Non-renewing subscriptions won't be automatically renewed. Any articles you have read during your subscription will be stored in your iOS device cache for later reading even after your subscription lapses.
- Accounts will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of your current subscription. Renewal costs will be the same as the initial auto-renewing purchase price, AUD$37.99 for 12 monthly auto-renewals, AUD$12.99 for 3 monthly auto-renewals.
- All auto-renewing subscriptions come with a free 1 month trial, if you cancel during the first month you will not be billed.
- Subscriptions may be managed by subscribers and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your AppleID account after purchase. On your mobile device, go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> Apple ID -> View AppleID -> Subscriptions -> Manage.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Information about single issue purchases:
- You can purchase a single issue for AUD$6.49 each.
- Single issue purchases never expire.
How to share articles with friends:
- When reading the table of contents or a specific article, tap the share icon on the top right of the screen (it looks like a square with an arrow point upwards).
- This creates a special 'Guest Pass' and copies it into the share dialog for you to send to friends.
- Even if your friends aren't subscribers, they will have access to read the articles you share.
How to download an entire issue for offline reading:
- When on a magazine table of contents, double-tap the cover and a dialog box will appear asking if you'd like to download the full issue.
- Once it finishes downloading, it will tell you that the magazine is ready for offline reading.
Force light-mode until we've designed a nice looking dark-mode for all views - sorry it took this long to realise!
Ratings and Reviews
Sorry to say, this app does not do the magazine justice
For such an incredible publication, it's sad that this app lets it down in the digital format. While it's great to have the searchable archive, all the beautiful pages of the print version are dumbed down to a scrollable webpage. This is particularly a problem with the large gorgeous infographics which are often unreadable in this app. Also, I cannot return easily to the contents page, the app makes me flick back through the all articles I have read to return to the contents. I would prefer it to be presented more like the exact editions style pdf format that the uk subscribers have access to.
New Internationalist Magazine Australia
Great magazine, however I have an issue that I hope you can resolve. I cannot share any articles on Facebook, when I touch the share icon the app just goes back to the newsstand. The app is still open, double clicking home button shows it still open. I have followed all instructions in the blog, and watched the instruction video on YouTube. Please fix this.
In-depth articles about things that really matter. Great app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- New Internationalist Publications Pty Ltd
- 11.3 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2020 New Internationalist Publications Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Auto-renewing subscriptions $14.99
- Auto-renewing subscriptions $46.99
- 12 month subscription $57.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.