Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable PDFs using OCR Document Scanning.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
- Fixed unwanted scrolling when editing an image caption
- Moved the Note Switcher to the right in left-handed mode
- Fixed an issue where some PDFs would appear smaller than the page width
- Fixed unwanted scrolling when favoriting a page
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Revolutionised note taking!
Everyone needs this app to take notes in class, it’s literally amazing! I use this app for uni and its awesome, I can record the lecturer speaking and take notes at the same time and can play back the recording and it also plays back my note taking in real time, so handy! You can take pictures and paste them into your notes, highlight, and make your writing colourful, and you can go back and edit notes at any time. I use an apple pen because I prefer handwriting, but you can also type notes in as well, or even change your handwriting into text (as long as you don’t write like a Doctor...:) another awesome feature is that you can export your notes into say PDF, or another program and look at your notes on your laptop! I just checked the updates and oh my goodness they’ve made it even better! Rotating a picture and showing page margins... yessss.
Buy it, it’s totally worth it! It’s a game changer! Thank you to the developers who made this app! :) :)
Initially fantastic app now rendered useless
I adored everything about this app and it had become the only app I used for note-taking. Excellent features, great handwriting feel (far superior to Notes app) and the recording feature is so useful in so many work/study contexts. HOWEVER, a few updates ago, the iCloud backup feature made the app need to re-download EVERY note each time I re-enter the app. You cannot open the note while re-downloading and this can take anywhere from 2-10 minutes (no exaggeration, and the app must be open to do so)! This means I can never quickly access my notes! Quickly switching in and out of the app within minutes, even with Background App Refresh disabled, causes everything to re-download. Extremely frustrating; particularly at work when important information is in a past note and I’m forced to idly wait and make others wait until I can access it. I need to access my notes across devices but turning off iCloud is the only impracticable option. This has rendered the app useless to me now. GINGER LABS, PLEASE FIX THIS ERROR! 🙏🏽
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 260.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Winter $1.49
- Bubblegum Pack $2.99
- Spring $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.