***In the App Store Hall of Fame***
Experience NPR as a delightful magazine! The NPR iPad app presents our award-winning storytelling as a seamless mix of audio, text and images in a clean visual design. With a focus on News, Arts & Life, and Music, the app gives you content that’s broad, deep and timely.
It's NPR like you've never seen us before.
- Browse through dozens of Topic "tapes" organized under the main categories of News, Arts & Life, and Music.
- Read stories while listening to live stations or on demand audio.
- Download stories for offline reading.
- Select from hundreds of NPR stories, and stations’ live and on-demand streams.
- Add favorite stories to your playlist.
- Persistent audio player includes one-tap access to your Playlist, Hourly Newscast, Programs and Stations.
- Expanded Station Finder feature lets you find a station by location (GPS) or searching by call letters, zip code, city or state.
- Bookmark your favorite station streams and podcasts.
- Our full-screen program guide provides information about each story and tells you where your favorite programs are playing live now.
- Listen to Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Fresh Air, Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me! and more – anytime, anywhere.
- Bookmark your favorite programs and topics.
***Praise for NPR for iPad***
2012 Webby Award, People's Voice Winner
2012 Communication Arts Interactive Annual Winner
2011 Wired Magazine / Gizmodo App Guide, Editor's Pick
"This is one of those iPad apps where the brilliance is almost invisible, because they just did things the right way. The navigation is intuitive, the design is clean..."
- Communication Arts juror
"This [app] presents public radio's current stories in scrollable rows of news, arts & life, and music...it feels a lot like being immersed in a true multimedia magazine" – Consumer Reports
The NPR for iPad app supports iOS 8 and above.
We've improved NPR for iPad's performance on the latest versions of iOS. We've also resolved many of your reported issues with app performance and bugs, specifically around station streaming.
As always, thank you for supporting public radio
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The best news application out there. News articles are not trivial little summaries, but the content is presented in depth. Some articles can even be read aloud.
As a software developer I recommend this app, which has been well thought out.
Quite buggy, crashes back to desktop...OFTEN
For some reason this app likes to close, primarily when starting and performing initial segment selections for playlist. And this happens EVERY time, multiple times. As if it's a car that needs 6-7 turns of the key to actually idle. Have given app folks a heads up, but.....
It also lacks a volume control, which is pretty unusual for an app like this these days.
The slider viewing panes for segments is a nice idea, but without a search function, and considering how sensitive the buttons are to touch (one is trying to scroll and choose to add to playlist but instead a segment is selected and starts playing).
I really enjoy NPR in general, but they could really improve the app by rectifying a few of the above. Makes playing NPR's own stuff easier using other app
UPDATE: The kind folks at therapy took on board the crashing issue and managed to get it fixed. Works no flaws now with latest update June 2014. Thanks NPR web app folks, well done.
Great News App!
Loves this app- it is my primary source of world news, and has great coverage of arts and music stuff too. Great layout and easy to use.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.