---> You must have iPhone 5 or up and iOS 9 or above for this update.
This field guide will place right at your fingertips, anytime and anywhere, the most comprehensive collection of Nudibranch species to be found in the Central Indo Pacific Region.
- NO WEB CONNECTION REQUIRED.
- There are 828 species represented pictorially in this app.
- This is an area from Japan to Australia, a zone where marine fauna diversity is at its greatest.
- No matter where you are, no matter how isolated you may be, you can identify your nudibranch finds.
- This identification series is regularly updated when new taxonomic information is available or when new species are added.
- Although books have their place, the benefits of this series of apps over reference books are many.
- The apps are Searchable - search for species names, authors, dates, sizes, colors, families, orders or photographers, try that with a book!
- The apps are convenient and you will have almost all known nudibranchs of the world on your device, try that with a book!
- The apps are user friendly and you can tick off species as you find them, yes you can do that with a book, but then you can email your ticked species list, try that with a book.
- You can add Remarks to Species and can easily save them digitally, try that with a book!
- And apps up to date with the latest taxonomic data, books are soon out of date.
For more information go to inudibranch.com
App updates include:
- Taxonomic updates
- New species
Ratings and Reviews
This app has great potential and is a good start, but still needs a bit of work. More species in the database is always good, but the photos could be better resolution and *please* optimise the app for iPad.
I am a dive instructor and marine biologist and want to use this to identify nudi's I find - the resolution of the photos is often too poor for that, even on iPhone.
I love the search function but it could be tweaked - when you search for something, you need a way to click on an animal, then return to the list - at present you have to go back through the whole process. Maybe a set of breadcrumbs and the ability to swipe to view other animals in the search shortlist? Also including the range of distribution in the description would be very useful.
Anyway, great start and I'm thrilled that there is something out there - but introduce more functionality and bigger pics and I will tell everyone I meet to buy it!
Brilliantly designed and executed, this App. is without doubt the best Nudibranch Identification eGuide available and will no doubt become criteria that all others will be judged by.
Not only does it have the greatest number of species, (700) every image is exquisite and the best available.
The functions are simply astounding and it is plain to see that the writer, author, major photographer and developer, not only has a great love of his subject, BUT also has a thorough understanding of his production and need for well thought out precision for a large range of search functions and criteria.
The introductions to specific groups has been written with the reader in mind and has precise information, uncluttered by too much scientific jargon and polished with "easy to read" facts in layman's terms, yet its scientific thoroughness is no less by any means.
I have no hesitation in recommending this App. to anybody with the slightest interest in Marine Natural History, be they Scuba diver, snorkeler, student, naturalist, or reefcomber, as the most up to date, convenient and precision App. for the identification of Nudibranchs and if you haven't been hooked yet, you will be. Once around the block on this App. and it will have you "begging for more!"
What a great app. I have been using it for only a short time but am very impressed with the range of critters, the photos and, especially, the search functions. I love the ability to search by colours and the checklist function. It former has enabled me to id. critters that I could not find leafing through texts. Sent a photo of one I could not id. to the author and he responded promptly with the id. and offered to make some changes in the next update that will improve the versitility even more - talk about service!
700 species - so many more to find. If only my iPhone worked under water the app. would be perfect!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gary Cobb
- 60.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Gary Cobb
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.