Number Frames help students structure numbers to five, ten, twenty, and one hundred. Students use the frames to count, represent, compare, and compute with numbers in a particular range.
The frames allow students see quantities as equal groups of other quantities and in relation to benchmark quantities. This helps primary students move away from one-by-one counting toward more efficient ways of counting and computing. As students advance, custom frames can be constructed to help visualize factors, products, fractional parts and more.
These virtual versions of number frames are open-ended educational tools, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use iPads.
Number frames are a key model used in Bridges in Mathematics, second edition. Online preview available at: www.mathlearningcenter.org/bridges
• Use standard 5-, 10-, 20-, and 100-frames, or create custom frames up to 12 x 12.
• Choose from a variety of counters and colors. Drag single counters — or stacks of 5 and 10 — into frames or on to the workspace.
• Apply a 5s grid to frames to emphasize every 5th line and reinforce grouping by five.
• Hide and reveal counters with resizable covers to create your own problems and model strategies.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
• Add equations, expressions, and descriptions with the math text and writing tools.
• Share your work by saving an image or providing a share code to others.
For more Number Line resources and other apps, visit:
To learn about Bridges in Mathematics, an elementary curriculum that employs visual models like number line, visit:
This resource is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 education since 1976.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.
Visit us: www.clarity-innovations.com
New features in Version 2:
• Counters are easily duplicated for use in number counting, comparison and operations activities.
• Share your work by saving an image or url, or providing a sharing code to others. Great for creating the initial setup of an activity, then sharing it with students so they can explore it further.
• Enter text directly from your keyboard with the new writing tool. Add labels, descriptions, or instructional text to your work.
• More easily edit equations and other math text using a traditional text field.
• Drawings on the workspace stay visible when the drawing palette is closed.
• Hide and reveal jumps, numbers, and other elements with resizable covers.
Version 2.0.3 includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
A really nice app
It’s perfect for all sorts of maths problems, I use it with my students to help them solve their sums and demonstrate different concepts. It runs really well, is pretty simple to use and has a decent set of options. And less mess than getting out the boxes of counters!
This app does not give you tasks, it’s a tool to use to solve problems.
I HATE NUMBERFRAMES
NUMBERFRAMES IS THE WORST APP EVER
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Math Learning Center
- 16.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 The Math Learning Center
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.