Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Add tables, graphs, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column and bar graphs, scatter plots and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up-to-date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built straight into Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, graphs and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, graphs, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favourite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D graphs
• Animate data with new interactive column and bar graphs, scatter plots and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tick boxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
Share your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Play YouTube and Vimeo videos right in your spreadsheets.*
• Easily add captions and titles to images, videos, shapes and other objects.
• New functions, including XLOOKUP, XMATCH and REGEX, let you match patterns, manipulate text and create flexible formulas.
* May not be available in all regions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Data manipulation and Copy of Tables Problems
1. I would like a feature like in Excel for Transposing of Data by copy and special paste type function. I find I always need to go back to Excel because of the cumbersome way this is done in Numbers and it is a feature most people like and use everyday.
2. In-addition, I always have to refer to Excel when copying tables from PDF or Website and Other documents because Numbers just produces a single column.
Excel on the other hand reproduces the table structure and data in correct table columns and the data is there for me to use, I can then copy to Numbers, but I don’t want to have to go the Excel and then back to Numbers.
Disappointing Previous version ’09 - v 2.03 is far superior
I was going to give this 1 stars but I’ve decdided to give it 2 stars as I still persist with this
Apple - what are you doing - dumbing down your software - PLEASE LIFT YOUR GAME - I loved Numbers ’09 v 2.03 - your current version no longer has a floating palette
The formula editor is now a tiny floating field which disappears as soon as you hit return - Where is the large formula editor which I could resize
This is terrible for larger complex models
I do love the way you can have multple spreadsheets on the one page
It would be great if we could have the formula editor back and some form of tracing of precedents like Excel so you can step through whats happening
Could be a far superior product if Apple put more resources into this product
I still want to use Numbers - Just as much as I use Excel - Please Apple put some resources into your software - this could be better than Excel.
More than I paid for
NOTE: a lot of peope rate Numbers high b ut few have written reviews. So her4e's one.
Buy a new Mac or iPad and you get the operating system, Plus you get Numbers, Pages, Keynote and a ton of other stuff. FREE.
By the way, I've been using and teaching Apple and Microsoft products since 1990.
OK, Numbers doesn't presently do some of the finer detail that Excel will do, but what it does do it does with style and grace.
When my older version of Microsoft Office became too dated to run with the latest MacOS I was delighted to move entirely across to Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Bravo!
- Apple Pty Limited
- 215 MB
macOS 10.14 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2020 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.