**2018 New Apps We Love** - Apple
**Oak will guide you to more mindful, relaxed living** - AppAdvice
Oak helps you decompress by transforming your meditation practice from an experiment into a habit. We support you from your first session to your 500th, with mindful, loving-kindness, and sleep meditations as well as unguided sessions and breathing exercises. Individualize your meditations by duration, and customize with silence or calming background sounds. Oak tracks your progress and encourages you to continue building a healthy meditation practice.
- Guided mindful and loving-kindness meditations with male and female instructors
- Choose a guided session duration ranging from 5 to 30 minutes in length
- Choose unguided meditation sessions ranging from 5 minutes to 24 hours in length
- Sit in silence or choose soothing background tracks (bells, blocks, bowls, streams, and other gentle sounds) that encourage restfulness
- Courses: go deeper and learn to practice Mantra meditation with a 10-day course
- Simple yogic breathing exercises that can easily be performed on-the-go
- Options include Box Breathing, Deep Calm, and Awake sessions
- Animated instruction removes the guesswork
- Guided breathing exercises help relax your mind as you drift off to sleep
- Choose silence or gentle background sounds to play during and after your session
- For unguided meditation, set your custom mediation duration, background sounds (or silence), and interval chimes
- Oak tracks the number of minutes/hours you’ve meditated, mindful breaths you’ve taken, and the number of meditation/breathing sessions you’ve accomplished, as well as any consecutive streaks
- Discover new accomplishment badges the more you breathe and meditate with us
- The power of community: Monitor the number of Oak members mindfully breathing and meditating in real time
- Oak supports Apple HealthKit for tracking “mindful minutes” with the Health app (optional).
Thank you for taking care of yourself through meditation. Have questions or feedback? Reach out to us anytime at email@example.com.
Hi Oak crew,
Thank you for your ongoing support. This update contains several small bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you have any questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ratings and Reviews
My favourite meditation app by far!! Everything looks like it’s for free unlike these other mediation apps and this app also tries to motivate you by having your own tree (it grows the more time you spend meditating) The app also gives you some neat little statistics about who is meditating right now in the community or what breathing technique they are doing and it is just awesome! I can not recommend this app enough as I simply love it, my only suggestion is maybe the developers can include more variety of sounds and Wisdom videos and maybe the female/male who talks to you through guided meditation can sometimes say different things to you instead of the same thing every time so you feel like someone is actually teaching you how to mediate in real life. Keep up the good work guys and I hope this app soars in popularity over time as it is underrated.
A clean and simple app that knows what it wants to be. The design choices purchase it an intuitive space that allows the app to get out of the way while it decreases the friction in beginning or picking up your practice.
My only (admittedly petty, ego driven and self interested) qualm is that the streak ends when the day ends and not 24 hours after the last meditation. I practice at night, so if I go to bed late I can’t text my enlightened meditation e-peen combo to my friends and enemies.
Perhaps when they’ll see me levitating down the street while they’re walking they’ll know I’m on a hot one.
Good app but no tree
I got this app after reading about it through the app spotlight, where the article mentioned it encourages continued meditation through the growth of your own personal Oak tree. I don’t have a tree in my app, instead progress is tracked through badges. I’m a little disappointed as I thought the tree concept was beautiful and engaging!
That said, this is a lovely simple to use meditation app with a small number of selections. I use the sleep programs and find they greatly improve my sleep, however have one suggestion: fade in and out voices and fade out background noise when the timer is finished. Otherwise it tends to wake you!
Well done developers, would have been lovely to see the initial growth concept of the tree but still a lovely app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the detailed feedback! We're sorry about the absence of the growing tree -- unfortunately the 'App Spotlight' is outdated and refers to a previous version of the app. Sorry about that.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Oak by Big Sky Health, Inc.
- 189 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Big Sky Health, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Course: Mantra Meditation $0.00