CREATE. ANNOTATE. COLLABORATE. A professional dictation app providing enhanced workflow and security. Includes a 60 day free trial of the Olympus Dictation Delivery Service.
Create new dictations quickly and easily. Simply open the app, tap new and start your recording.
Edit dictations and attached pictures to your files for better reference on your topic.
Send completed dictations into your existing transcription workflows using an ODDS account (required).
The Olympus Dictation App is a simple recording app designed to work with the Olympus Dictation Delivery Service (ODDS) resulting in an enterprise level dictation solution. ODDS is a cloud-based subscription service offering centralized control, advanced workflow and routing functions for your dictations. Sign-up for a free 60 day trial of the ODDS service directly from within the app. An ODDS account is required to use the app.
FOR UPGRADING USERS
Recent enhancements to the app will now require you migrate your data and settings.
Please follow the setup wizard on the app to sign-up for ODDS.
If your company is already using Olympus Dictation and you need to add a new user license please contact your Administrator.
1. Record, insert & overwrite dictations
2. Attach pictures to your recording
3. Priority Setting
4. Simple search function
5. Send dictations to Olympus Dictation Delivery Service (ODDS)
6. Support of audio formats DSS & DSS Pro (industry standard for professional speech processing)
7. Integrated with existing dictation and transcription workflow with Olympus Dictation Management System.
8. Password protected dictations supported by DSS Pro (256 bit AES encryption)
9. Secure data transfer via HTTPS / FTPS / SFTP
10. Optional connection to a self-hosted ftp server
11. Auto-split of large files
12. Central administration via Olympus Dictation Portal (access via web browser)
- Assigning dedicated worktype lists to users (groups)
- Defining recipients for users
- Defining transfer methods and recording formats
- Setting security features
- Using meta information like Author IDs for automatic processing
For further information see
http://www.olympus.eu/odds-phone (for Europe)
http://www.olympusamericaprodictation.com/app (for U.S.)
https://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Software-Applications/Audio-Software-Workflow (for Oceania)
- NOTICE: This is a major version update. Please be sure to backup all existing dictations prior to running the update.
- NEW: All app users are now required to have an ODDS account. Sign-up for a free trail directly from with the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Stop changing things!
This was a great free app! Unfortunately, they changed it, so it records in a format my typist has to pay for yet more software to listen to. Then they charge you a license - sorry, I’m stopping using it!
Great product lacking only one feature
This app is fantastic overall. It is simple and effective. However, I use outlook as my email client on my iPhone, and I would like to email my dictations via outlook. However, unlike an application by a rival company, this application does not allow it. One can only send one’s dictations via Apple Mail.
If this is fixed, in my opinion, this product would be the best smart phone dictation application on the market.
Was a great app until the trial period is over and then they try to charge you... why should we pay a fee if our typist is only listening to an audio file? I’m not actually using you to transcribe my documents. Will be deleting the app.
Hope you go back to the original
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.