Onion Browser is the original free and open-source Tor-powered web browser for iOS. Onion Browser helps you access the internet with more safety and privacy, and no extra cost to you.
“The best Tor-related offering on iOS right now is Onion Browser” - The Daily Dot, October 14, 2015.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Daily Dot, & others.
• Browse the internet over Tor:
- Protect your privacy from website tracking
- Secure your traffic from insecure wireless networks and ISPs
- Support for HTTPS Everywhere, an automatic switch to HTTPS enabled websites
- Access .onion sites that are only accessible over Tor.
• Fight online tracking: block scripts and automatically clear cookies and tabs, based on your preferences.
• And more privacy-enhancing features!
- Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser or a VPN because your traffic is encrypted and relayed through the Tor network.
- Multimedia often bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are blocked by default and are not supported by Onion Browser.
- Onion Browser might not work on networks with advanced network restrictions. If the app does not connect, try using bridges (or a different type of bridge), force-quit, and then restart the app.
- Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; remember that sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device.
** Onion Browser is free and open-source software. You can read more about Onion Browser and how to support development of Tor on iOS by visiting onionbrowser.com **
- Added Polish translation.
- Improved wording.
- Fixed app crashes on short pause/resume cycles.
- Fixed app start when Snowflake bridges are configured.
- Fixed issue when changing custom bridges and trying to connect immediately.
- Updated Tor to version 0.4.5.8.
Ratings and Reviews
An excellent way to connect via tor
The browser quickly connects to the tor network and is stable and fast to use .
Version 2 is even better.
IP leak fixed?
Can't connect anymore...
Updated browser connects directly?!
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I tapped the onion icon in the top right corner - it showed a direct connection from the browser to the site! Turns out I didn’t have any of the 3 security levels selected. Once I did, a 3 appeared to the left of the address bar. Unbelievable! Who is responsible for updating this browser? The NSA?
Works better than tor
Well done finally a app I can access onion sites with reliable anonymous access
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mike Tigas
- 152.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2021 Tigas Ventures, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Small Onion Browser Tip $1.99
- Medium Onion Browser Tip $8.99
- Large Onion Browser Tip $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.