Onion Browser is the original free and open-source Tor-powered web browser for iOS. Onion Browser helps you access the internet with more safety and privacy, and no extra cost to you.
“The best Tor-related offering on iOS right now is Onion Browser” - The Daily Dot, October 14, 2015.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Daily Dot, & others.
• Browse the internet over Tor:
- Protect your privacy from website tracking
- Secure your traffic from insecure wireless networks and ISPs
- Support for HTTPS Everywhere, an automatic switch to HTTPS enabled websites
- Access .onion sites that are only accessible over Tor.
• Fight online tracking: block scripts and automatically clear cookies and tabs, based on your preferences.
• And more privacy-enhancing features!
- Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser or a VPN because your traffic is encrypted and relayed through the Tor network.
- Multimedia often bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are blocked by default and are not supported by Onion Browser.
- Onion Browser might not work on networks with advanced network restrictions. If the app does not connect, try using bridges (or a different type of bridge), force-quit, and then restart the app.
- Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; remember that sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device.
** Onion Browser is free and open-source software. You can read more about Onion Browser and how to support development of Tor on iOS by visiting onionbrowser.com **
- Use the dedicated Meek bridge of the MOAT service directly without Tor as originally intended.
- Added Snowflake bridge support.
- Added support for the "Onion-Location" HTTP header. (See https://community.torproject.org/onion-services/advanced/onion-location/)
- Small bugfixes.
- Small translation updates to French, Japanese, Dutch, Thai, Catalan and Gaelic.
- Fixed issue on iOS 14, where users couldn't store documents to "Files" app anymore.
- Updated Tor to 0.4.4.5.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
An excellent way to connect via tor
The browser quickly connects to the tor network and is stable and fast to use .
Version 2 is even better.
IP leak fixed?
Can't connect anymore...
Updated browser connects directly?!
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I tapped the onion icon in the top right corner - it showed a direct connection from the browser to the site! Turns out I didn’t have any of the 3 security levels selected. Once I did, a 3 appeared to the left of the address bar. Unbelievable! Who is responsible for updating this browser? The NSA?
Works better than tor
Well done finally a app I can access onion sites with reliable anonymous access
- Mike Tigas
- 150.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2020 Tigas Ventures, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Small Onion Browser Tip $1.99
- Medium Onion Browser Tip $8.99
- Large Onion Browser Tip $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.