Dietary advice for gout or kidney stones is often conflicting, inaccurate or even completely outdated. Therefore, we evaluated hundreds of scientific studies and put together the latest information available for these topics. The app will assist you to improve your eating habits!
The app covers the following topics:
■ DIET AND GOUT
Usually, the method of choice is a dietary restriction of the purine intake. However, it is frequently overlooked that not all purines are equally problematic and that several other dietary factors play an important role.
■ LOW OXALATE DIET
Without proper instruction a low oxalate diet is very complicated to follow. However, most guidelines do not consider the bioavailability of oxalates. Besides, oxalates are only one factor that contributes to the formation of kidney stones.
You can use the app for free with a limited functionality. It doesn't require a registration and is free of ads. If you want more details, you can upgrade each topic with an in-app purchase that adds additional features and information.
• Profiles for a low purine diet and a low oxalate diet with color-coded ratings
• Access to all entries of the database
• Creating shopping lists
• Access to detailed articles and our blog in the info section
• Unlocks all relevant information about gout or kidney stones, respectively
• Gives access to 43 nutritional values, including vitamins, minerals, micronutrients, fatty acids, glycemic index, and glycemic load
• Sorting by nutritional values
• Set-up of advanced filter criteria
• Personalization of the app with additional dietary profiles
• Useful extra functions for vegetarians
• We significantly improved the performance of the app.
• You can now adjust the portion size with a slide control (with live preview of the values) by clicking on the small plate icon.
• There are several new entries in the food database.
• The search function now shows foods that don't have an overall rating because of missing data
• We revised the feature to display animal ingredients.
• Furthermore, the new version contains many detail improvements.
We hope that you like the changes and would be very happy about a review in the app store!
Ratings and Reviews
- Baliza GmbH
- 43.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Low purine diet for gout $6.99
- Low oxalate diet $8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.