Take O'Reilly online learning with you wherever you go, and put the knowledge of experts and the skills to stay ahead of business and technology trends in your pocket.
With the O'Reilly app, you can:
• Read, watch, or listen on the go: Explore books, videos, training sessions, courses, and more—online or off.
• Never lose your place: With automatic syncing, you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
• Discover and organize with Playlists: Search for the exact content you want to read, watch, or listen to—then add it to a playlist and revisit it any time.
• Personalize it: Adjust the text display for comfort with font size controls and a night mode setting.
• Find what you need: Get the answers you need, fast, with the ability to easily search across books, videos, and more.
• Make it work for you: Control the app with an external keyboard
Please note that to use this application you must have an active (or trial) O'Reilly account created after July 2014. If you are an O'Reilly customer who joined before July 2014, please use our Safari To Go app, also available in the App Store.
This version includes bugfixes for the following issues:
• The book reader no longer sends you to random chapters when advancing or reversing in a book
• The app no longer crashes when updating from a prior version (in some situations)
• The app no longer crashes when logging in as a different user
• Video chapter lists now properly dim out clips you don't have downloaded while in Airplane Mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs some improvement
Great catalogue of resources but the current version of the app for me doesn’t seem to keep track of where I was up to in a book. Every time I start the app I have to scroll through multiple chapters to get back to where I was. The other bug I’ve found is when starting the app while reading a book I’ll be presented with a blank screen and have to close the book and reopen it for it to render again
I love the Safari service, and the iPhone app (I don’t have an iPad) is excellent. They’ve thought well about the workflow of users and how they likely want to use the app. There are plenty of ways to find content, and you don’t have to download books to read chapters, etc.
Best of all? If you have questions, their support is super - they actually read your messages in a timely manner, and don’t give you a precanned response :)
Just keeps getting better and better.
The content has always been fantastic, but the app started off rather spartan... and got so much better with every iteration. User concerns like being able to search within books, being able to read table of contents without downloading, being able to control size of margins - all got addressed, and more.
Thank you for making this app better and better!
Developer Response ,
We're working to bring a lot of new features to the app that address a lot of what you've stated here. We're always looking for constructive user feedback, so let us know via the in-app Feedback channel. Also, if you'd like to be involved as a beta user to test new features, let us know.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.