With the O’Reilly app, you can:
• Read, watch, or listen on the go: Explore books, videos, training sessions, courses, and more—online or off.
• Never lose your place: With automatic syncing, you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
• Discover and organize with Playlists: Search for the exact content you want to read, watch, or listen to—then add it to a playlist and revisit it any time.
• Personalize it: Adjust the text display for comfort with font size controls and a night mode setting.
• Find what you need: Get the answers you need, fast, with the ability to easily
search across books, videos, and more.
• Make it work for you: Control the app with an external keyboard.
- iOS 13 certainly proved unlucky for our app. This release has a whole set of fixes that should improve the visual appearance of the app as well as fixing all position-related issues when jumping to content in the reader
- Some users were getting logged out before their time. This is fixed now
- Screens opened to show a Live Online Training can now be dismissed
- For conferences: dates on the other side of the international date line from the user now render correctly; sponsors are now sorted alphabetically within tier
- Improvements to the reader when displaying math equations
- Updated some of our screens to improve visual accessibility
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent library service
The library includes every area of IT, business and management, as well as personal development that I am able to read.
The app is easy to use and offers all the functionality of a decent reader.
It’s the most valuable subscription that I have.
Getting better and better
This is a review of the app , not the content. The content is the best technical literature library you can subscribe to.
This app though started out pretty spartan, but the authors listened to criticism and implemented fixes and improvements for most of them, making this app currently the best in class. I just wish other publishers would be this responsive.
O’Reilly can keep charging my credit card for the annual subscription - this is well worth it.
Developer Response ,
We're working to bring a lot of new features to the app that address a lot of what you've stated here. We're always looking for constructive user feedback, so let us know via the in-app Feedback channel. Also, if you'd like to be involved as a beta user to test new features, let us know.
font adjustment, search too limited
I really like safari, i’ve been a member for a very long time. I like the app, but the ability to set font sizes, and the ability to refine searches are too limited. I would like to be a able to make fonts bigger than the app allows, the web site is more flexible. Search results would be much more useful if to sort by most relevant while restricting by other criteria, eg publication date
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.