macOS Server makes it easy to configure and monitor Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV devices and network storage volumes.
Here’s what you’ll get with macOS Server:
• Mobile device management for iOS, macOS, and tvOS devices
• Distribution of institution licensed apps and books purchased from the Volume Purchase Program to users or devices
• Install Software Updates on devices running iOS 12 and mac OS 10.14
• Device Enrollment Program integration
• Web-based administration console
• Self-service user portal for clearing passcodes, remote lock, and remote wipe
• Block-level SAN file sharing with concurrent read/write access
• Xsan volume hosting and configuration
• Volume management, storage pooling, striping, and volume mapping
• Real-time monitoring, graphs, and event notifications
• Metadata controller failover and file system journaling
• Local and remote management
• Users and group settings
• View real-time graphs of server usage
• Receive alerts on network changes, certificate expiration, storage usage, and more
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply. Some features require program enrollment. Some features are not available in all countries.
• Disable Shared iPad temporary users
• Device Enrollment: Enable FileVault support on first user login
• Query Content Caching information
iOS and macOS
• Content Caching: Automatically Activate Internet Connection Sharing
• VPN: Configure Provider Designated Requirement for Custom SSL connection type
• VPN: Configure network options for Cisco, Juniper, Pulse, F5, SonicWall, Aruba, CheckPoint, and Custom SSL connection types
• Send all traffic through VPN
• Exclude local networks
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Do i have to ive it a star at all?
In your words apple,, One Star = (We) Hate It..
Well Apple, you disabled all functionality, gave people xSans control , (Actually how many people out there use a mac mini server to control Xsan over fibre?? The mind boggles for all of those users)I can create certificates, wow, and i can manage users and groups, which by the way i can manage in Settings.
Then every other functional ability of a previous “Server” is taken away plus you charge $30 for the privelidge of ownership. This review is from a person whom has had a Mac Mini with the Server app since 2011 and wathced the server app diminish to an icon of the world with no great functionality once i click on it. Thanks again Apple,Why ,, Oh Why??? By the way, its just wasting space nowadays...and bandwidth for updates..
Don’t even think about this “upgrade”
Just spent two days working very late to roll back our office to el capitan server and repair all the permissions errors that this version (high sierra server 5.6) created. File sharing is not functional. Time machine is not functional. Permissions are TOTAL disaster - they don’t propogate, files that one user saved can’t be opened by anyone else despite everyone being in the same workgroup, sometimes files become locked or read only, files disappear completely, even while users have them open. Server software has no tools to set up file sharing, nothing to propogate Permissions or ACLs. I could go on… in summary: Atrocious software. AVOID like the plague.
This app was one of Apples absolute standout paid apps, it turned any mac into a powerful, functional, easy to use and administer, powerhouse of utilities and information to help do anything from small projects to running a sizable enterprise.
Now, it might as well be a paperweight on your email inbox... although some functionality that was in the server app has been moved top System Pref's as part of macOS Native options, any other functionality no longer in the server app is only accessable using terminal commands which are only suggested used by advanced users.
It is rude of apple to still be charging the samew price as it did whe. the app was first available, with but a frqaction of the capability it once had.
Id go as far as saying that giv en that its an app provided by apple for a fee, that fee should be refunded due to removal of functionality.
Dont buy this app in its current form, there is no value AT ALL! ..,,. Heres hoping Apple hear ther feedback and rectify the oversight.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 66.4 MB
macOS 10.15 or later
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.