OzRunways EFB 4+
Flight Planner, EFB & GPS
OzRunways Pty. Ltd.
- Offers In-App Purchases
OzRunways - Australia's #1 Electronic Flight Bag (EFB).
APPROVED BY Australian CASA under CASR 175.
(See support.ozrunways.com/kb FAQ for information).
Download now for a 1 month free trial.
Download aeronautical publications onto your iPhone & iPad. See your position on every aviation map.
Properly licensed documents ensure you will stay up-to-date with the latest amendments of:
- Australian MAPS (Every updated VTC, VNC, WAC, ERC High/Low & PCA), ERSA, DAPS and AIP.
- New Zealand ERC, VNC, Topographic 250k/50k, Vol 1-4 and LINZ Satellite maps.
- Latin America maps and approach charts
- South African 500k/1M/250k aero maps, plus entire continent TPC, ONC and OpenStreetMap.
- Select European maps and charts
- Global custom-made OpenStreetMap with airspace.
- Skyvector global ERC and VNC maps
- Weather radar with lightning
- Live flight tracking over cellular network
- Weight & Balance
- Flight planner
- See your aircraft position on selected approach plates and taxi diagrams
- GPS Moving maps with every waypoint/Navaid in the world from official databases.
- Online and offline street address search.
- Download all maps and charts for offline use.
- Print documents to compatible printers using Apple AirPrint.
- Full text search of AIP.
- Download on demand (then save), or download all documents at home for offline use.
- Annual subscription based login, so you aren't paying full price for a publication 1 week before it expires.
- Night-time mode on iPad to reduce brightness.
Use must be in accordance with applicable aviation regulations.
See https://support.ozrunways.com/kb FAQ for details.
• Fix crash when downloading documents on demand
Ratings and Reviews
I think it is the best thing since sliced bread as we say, it beat’s a cab full of maps with line’s drawn all over the place we’re you could spend most of your time looking at map lines and looking for objects on the ground to make sure you are on track and so not looking outside to often, at least OzRunways gives all the information right in front of you like boundaries and radio info, your track stands out like sour toe with great are coverage so you can’t get lost if you wanted too, and all the weather conditions are there to look at there is no need to put yourself in danger it’s all there.
I think it is great thank you very much
Good app for beginners
A good app for beginner pilots and low hour recreational pilots coming from a car gps and wish to do minimal effort in VFR to follow a magenta line to a destination. Has minimal planning structure and difficult to lodge a flight plan with NAIPS, weight and balance impossible/does not work for some basic aircraft. No push function for critical weather updates around a plan and fuel planning fir other than the most basic A to B routes confusing and hard to follow. No live chat support. No AOPA Pilot support. Print out of flight plan and supporting documents, even in PDF format, is laid out poorly with minimal structure and lacking some detailed information on elevations, alternates, frequencies and would never meet the requirements of those pilots wishing to move to IFR or commercial flying. Basic functions like a single touch screen proving METAR and all airport data absent or very poorly connected or arranged for pilots to see critical info quickly. No decision points (TOC TOD PONR) generated on tracks.
Love using this App. It can be as simple as (I am here, and want to go there … done) or as technical as you require.
I attended a seminar and learnt heaps and would highly recommend the same to new or experienced users. You can pick up some great tips from listening to others. The only criticism I’d have was there were no printed handouts to take home as reminders. I have never been any good at listening and taking notes at the same time.
I would like to see more training videos aimed at the recreational end user.
Great program I highly recommend.
Developer Response ,
Thanks that's good feedback - we're looking to increase our tutorial video's lately with OzRunways v8 series. You can see the latest videos at YouTube.com/OzRunways
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OzRunways Pty. Ltd.
- 37.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later.
English, Dutch, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © OzRunways Pty. Ltd. 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Australia VFR Standard $139.99
- Australia VFR Premium $199.99
- Australia Premium $279.99
- New Zealand VFR $149.99
- New Zealand IFR $229.99
- Africa & Middle East $99.99
- Latin America IFR Premium $79.99
- Latin America VFR Plus $49.99
- New Zealand VFR Premium $199.99
- Latin America VFR Standard $22.99