Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, graphs and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or with your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up-to-date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built straight into Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side-by-side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Use Pages on an iPad with Magic Keyboard, a mouse or a trackpad for a new way to work with your documents. Requires iPadOS 13.4.
• Select from a variety of gorgeous new templates to help you get started.
• Add a Pages document to a shared iCloud Drive folder to automatically start collaborating. Requires iPadOS 13.4 or iOS 13.4.
• Add a drop cap to make a paragraph stand out with a large, decorative first letter.
• Apply a colour, gradient or image to the background of any document.
• Touch and hold, then drag across multiple objects to select them.
• Easily access recently used templates in a redesigned template chooser.
• Print or export a PDF of your document with comments included.
• Edit shared documents while offline and your changes will upload when you’re back online. Requires iPadOS or iOS 13 or later.
• Enhance your documents with a variety of new, editable shapes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For Apple Pencil Users
I have one problem with this app which is the support Apple Pencil receives. I use iPad Pro 1st gen and with the original Apple Pencil.
Suggestions to Apple with regards with what’s missing and should be added to their app:
I love writing notes but I do wish to have more options for different “brushes”. I would like an option for there to be more than one option on the bottom tool bar at any one time of the same thing! What do I mean by this you might be asking? I mean I would like to have a red blue and black pen in the tool bar at the same time instead of having to use the colour menu to reselect a colour every time, this is a work flow issue I’ve noticed. Would love PDF support for the app too. I hope that one day support for gestures is added such as holding the Apple Pencil in a spot for a while puts it in line mode allowing the drawings of straight line. A ruler with measurements would be a great addition. Graph and line paper inserts would be amazing. Quick shape which a tool in Procreate where if you create a shape when drawing and hold it down the app recognises the shape it resembles and creates a perfectly straight or curved lines for the shape (look at Procreate quickshape for reference).
My favourite app for writing (typing)!
I do a lot of typing because I write stories often, and Pages is my go-to. The interface is easy to use and works well with the iPad, sharing and exporting is easy and the inbuilt dictionary/‘define’ feature is super helpful if I need a basic definition for a word and don’t have access to the internet or a dictionary.
There are only two reasons why I haven’t rated it 5/5:
1. iCloud backup can be a little tricky/troublesome, which is not an issue for me personally because I don’t use iCloud anyway, but it’s something to note for people who do.
2. I’d love to see the simple option to add and delete pages like you might add slides in apps such as Keynote. At the moment the only way I can find to add more pages is to either duplicate an existing page over and over or place something near the end of the first page in order to create a second one. Not really an issue but I’d love to see the option there!
Great Word processor
I find it very useful and powerful for a small word processor. Some users that are complaining need to learn the difference between “Word Processing” mode and “Page Layout” mode. Their problems arise from the fact that they are in the wrong mode. If you are working with a lot of images and text, and want flexibility and control over layout between text and images then use “Page Layout Mode” and not “Word Processing” mode. This is just one example. I find users often blame the tool for their own inadequacies. As for typing/keyboard lag, I have no idea what you are talking about, as it works fine. There may be other reasons for your problems in this regard. I think this is one of the best compact word processors out there and full of features. Try reading the provided manual.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 526 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2020 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.