Parallels Client, when connected to Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS), provides secure access to business applications, virtual desktops, and data from your device. Using virtualized applications and desktops on Parallels Client is intuitive, fast, and reliable.
Parallels Remote Application Server and Parallels Client allow you to:
• Work on any device from anywhere
• Access any Windows corporate application
• Resize and optimize published applications for a native look and feel
• Seamless access to Windows applications on your device
• Higher level of security when connecting over SSL
• Works with virtual desktops, terminal server/RD session host, and Windows PC host
• Universal printing allows you to print from your device to any printer
• Graphic acceleration using RemoteFX
• Remote applications and desktops extended to multiple monitors
• Remote sound, local drive, and two-way clipboard redirection for a truly native experience
If you have questions about Parallels Client, please visit our support page.
For more information about Parallels Client, visit www.parallels.com/products/client/
Parallels Remote Application Server is an industry-leading solution for virtual application and desktop delivery.
New: Support for macOS 12 Monterey.
New: Preferred routing support.
Improved: Disconnect error messages.
Improved: Overall stability by correcting possible crashes.
Fixed: Initial window of a published application might not appear.
Fixed: Switching to published application might bring the Parallels Client main window to the front.
Fixed: Starting a published desktop in full screen enables Do Not Disturb mode automatically.
Fixed: Parallels Client crashes when shortcuts are enabled but not configured.
Ratings and Reviews
Since the last update it has been unreliable.
Now if my Mac goes to screensaver, when I open it again, it lets me back in to the RDP session. Then the moment I type an alphanumeric character it drops me back to the Windows password screen. I put my password, it lets me in, and as soon as I type another character it locks again.
I have to compeletly logout from the remote PC, and login again to get it to work.
Also, if the session completely times out, then re-opening the hibernated session results in the remote PC getting stuck in the Welcome screen with a spinning circle.
Prior to the update it worked perfectly. I want the old one back!
Good but could improve
I use it as mainly and RDP Manager and there are a few things that could massively improve this:
1) The ability to group connections into custom groups
2) A "credential manager" so you don’t have to update every connection when you change your password.
3) A “proxy manager” as I use multiple differnect proxies for differnet connections being able to set it up one and just select it would be fantastic.
This still beats Microsoft RDP as it doesn’t allow proxy connections but if the above were met I would even pay for the product
Well Done on a fantastic product
Been using it for years
It still eclipses Microsofts RDP for Macs, and is by far the best RDP manager out there.
NLA has been working properly for a few iterations now.
RemoteFX is working properly now in this version. It was kinda hit and miss before this one with resolution sizes.
A feature request: Please bring exporting sessions to cloud so we can upload our RDP’s between client versions. I.e. if I sign in on the iPad version then I can instantly have all my sessions and saved credentials available to me (I work in enterprise and tapping in 30+ sessions gets tiresome for each new device I use). This would be a real boon to this program. But no subscriptions, or I quit. I don’t mind if it is DLC onetime but subscriptions are verboten.
Keep up the good work!
PS - As experienced by some others, my sessions have been locking up as well. Quite often the mouse cursor disappears as well which returns if I click out of the app focus somewhere. Also at times the keyboard goes whack and I am forced to log off a session. For some reason just reconnecting to the session continues the whackiness.
EDIT: Latest version has broken the preferences. I am unable to add new rdp sessions if there is currently an IP address that is already in the list. This breaks my workflow tremendously as a sysadmin. I am reverting to an older version and bailing updates. It was fine and as good as I can hopefor until cloud features arrive.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Parallels International GmbH
- 6.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 1999-2021 Parallels International GmbH. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.