PDF Expert is the ultimate PDF app you’re looking for. It’s fast, intuitive and powerful to let you effortlessly complete literally any PDF task.
“PDF Expert is one of my must-have iPad apps and a desktop-class PDF reader”. – MacStories.net
“I was blown away at how easy the app is to use”. – MakeUseOf
“The best app for managing, editing, and reading PDFs on your iPad”. – The Sweet Setup
*** WITH PDF EXPERT YOU CAN ***
READ PDFs WITH EASE
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports “Open In…”
• Enable full-text search, scroll, zoom in and out.
• Use Text to Speech feature to hear the selected text read out loud.
HIGHLIGHT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
• Mark important info in books or documents with the first class annotation tools: highlight, underline, strikethrough and others.
• Insert pre-designed stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential.
DRAW WITH YOUR FINGER OR APPLE PENCIL
• Draw with your finger or Apple Pencil to make handwritten notes or highlight text in scanned books.
WORK IN THE CLOUD
• Connect to other document storage providers like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive etc. Work with files right in the storage without downloading the document.
• Enable 2-way sync with storages to provide continuous work with documents among all devices.
• Add comments to the texts you read using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Make Bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files.
• Work with static PDF forms created in Adobe Acrobat.
• Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons.
ADD EMOTION WITH STICKERS
• Express yourself with amazing stickers that can be used right inside your PDFs.
*** WITH PRO FEATURES OF THE SUBSCRIPTION***
With the additional PRO subscription, you can get unique PDF superpowers.
EDIT ORIGINAL PDF TEXT
• Edit or modify existing text. The font, size, and opacity of the original text are automatically detected, so you can make edits easily.
ADD AND EDIT IMAGES
• Easily add, replace and resize images in your PDFs. Or change a logo or a graph. PDF Expert will handle those edits easily.
• Use e-signatures to sign contracts and agreements on the go.
• Sign documents with signatures synchronized across all your devices: Mac, iPhone, iPad.
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD
• Restrict access to PDF Expert with a password.
• Protect your files from unauthorized reading with a password.
• Quickly access your favorite tools with a fully customizable toolbar.
• Now linking any part of the text to a different page or even a website is fast. Moreover, links can be added to images.
REDACT SENSITIVE DATA
• Using the Redact feature you can permanently erase or hide any sensitive information in your PDFs.
CONVERT TO PDF
• Convert webpages, photos and documents to PDF right in PDF Expert in a snap. Converting happens locally on your device, so your files are absolutely secure.
If you choose to purchase PDF Expert PRO, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current PDF Expert PRO subscription price starts at $49.99 USD/year. Prices are in US dollars, may vary in countries other than the US and are subject to change without notice. If you don’t choose to purchase PDF Expert PRO, you can simply continue using PDF Expert for free. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
In today's update we've included a bunch of improvements based on your feedback, so thank you!
If you have questions or need support just pop on over to email@example.com and we'll point you in the right direction.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App for Work
I’ve been using this app for work for some time now and it has helped my cut down on resource costs in my business and double handling of documents which saves me a few hours or more of work each week.
However, there are a couple of issues that I hope they improve on. Over the past couple of months, the app keeps seizing on my when using so that I cannot write or swipe pages. When writing, the page resizes itself frequently and I have to pinch back to normal size to allow me to write. I frequently have to restart the app or wait a few moments until it unfreezes. Restarting my iPad does not help. I have deleted the app and reinstalled to see if that improves the issue but it hasn’t.
The other thing that I hope they can introduce in future versions is the ability to customise the paper templates so that I can add corporate logo which automatically gets added or simply import my own template to use as the paper style. This would enable me to keep all my notes on branded paper so that when I send notes to clients or employees I don’t have to add all this detail in after the event.
From great to good...
For years now, PDF Expert has been my go-to PDF app on my iPhone and iPad. While concerned about the move to subscription fees (and the amount of the fee itself) for professional users, if the app maintained it’s standard it would be worth it.
One of the unique features that made PDF Expert truly stand out was “Readdle Transfer” – the ability to read & edit a PDF that was open on another device. Sadly, this was removed from this version of PDF Expert. To lose such a frequently used and well-loved feature without any warning (or mention – it’s still described as a feature on their website) was very disappointing.
While I still think PDF Expert is a great PDF reader and editing app, other apps now offer equivalent features and ease of use. Since it no longer offers any standout features, I am no longer sure it justifies the high (now annual) fee for pro users.
I’ve been holding off on recommending this PDF Expert as I was annoyed by its inability to properly access icloud storage. This has now been addressed. I find the package well laid out and easy to use with a short learning time. I particularly like the ability to record and store signatures which allows speedy dealing with large numbers of documents and forms that need filling in. The editing functions are comprehensive and easier to use than other packages that I have used in the past like GoodReader and Notetaker HD.
I’ve found that, to be effective, I need to use the app in conjunction with PDF Converter (by the same company) to ensure compatibility of files. It would make sense to me to incorporate the pdf conversion function into PDF Expert rather than making it a two app/two step process.
- Readdle Inc.
- 250.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2016 Readdle Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- PDF Expert Basic $14.99
- PDF Expert Basic $10.99
- PDF Expert PRO $78.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.