Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
Bugs seriously creep us out. That is why we addressed several user-reported bugs in this version.
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of use
I have this for the ipod. It is useful for creating personal stories, doing speech assessments, language therapy, and many other functions. The voice quality is not too bad and having the option to make a voice recording is good. It is easy to program.
I find the size of photos a bit small, and it would be good if the font could be bigger and in different styles for younger children learning to write. I would like the option of being able to share books written from ipod to ipod etc.
Sound recording bug
I am a teacher returning to Pictello and am experiencing issues with recording sound. Also have a student who has issues with recording sound. Why? Not inexpensive app that worked well in the past.
Attempted to query with the developer following the App Store link. No contact details - just a pop up ‘get your feedback’ window on the website. Effective to leave feedback, but not for communication re a product issue. Ironic considering that your business is AAC!
Developer Response ,
Hi ...Unhappy, we are very sorry for the issue you have encountered with recording sound in Pictello and the difficulty you had in contacting our support. Please know that we take peoples' issues very seriously and try to work hard to address their concerns. First, the issue recording audio in Pictello was introduced in a recent system software update. We are planning to address this issue in a future Pictello update. In the meantime, you can workaround this issue by using Expert mode in Pictello when creating or editing stories. If the recording does not start, simply tap the Pause button once. For instructions on using Expert mode, please see this PDF tutorial (download.assistiveware.com/pictello/files/Create_a_Story_with_Pictello_Expert.pdf). Next, please know that when you tap the "App Support" and "Developer Website" links on the Pictello App Store page, you can send a message to our support team by tapping the "Contact Support" link and filling out a form. It is also possible to email us directly within Pictello by opening Options, scrolling to the "SUPPORT" section, and tapping Email Support. Last but not least, you can reach out to us on Facebook and Twitter or by emailing email@example.com. Our team is available 7 days a week and is always happy to assist customers who use our apps. We hope this helps! :-)
Use this app daily for lots of activities
This app has allowed more independence.
Teaching speech and developing language.
Creating our own stories.
Making stories with more visuals.
Step by step recipes that he can cook independently.
Step by step instructions to follow for other day to say activities to create independence.
Can be as creative as you like.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 818.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 AssistiveWare B.V.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.