Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
Version 3.6 introduces compatibility for iPad Pro 11”, iPad Pro 12.9”(3rd generation), iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. This version also includes bug fixes.
Thanks for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
Pictello is tops.
Used this program to do a visual sequence for my autistic son on his ipad. He really hasn't taken to other apps with any degree of interest, but was quite taken with the simplicity of this program.
He loved the photos with basic text. I used my own voice to record a message for each page. Loved this option.
Program included an easy to follow sequence of how to create your own stories. A great basic help to start using the program.
Liked the option of using the slideshow option or moving each page individually. You can go through the sequence using the slide show initially and then do each step of the sequence step by step.
Would have liked the option of inserting pages within the context of the story, rather than just adding on extra pages at the end.
Great to be able to share stories and email. Lots of different options there.
Thank you. I will definitely use this for social stories. More reliable and easier to navigate through than some other communication apps that I have used.
I have had this application since it was released and for the last month on the ipad. Wow what a wonderful application. I have made up stories for my daughter to read while travelling. I have put together stories about is going on in her life so she can read with others and they can ask her questions and have a conversation with her.
I have been able to put together step by step instructions for her in story form.
When I dont have a picture available I go into Google Images and just copy paste into the ipad photo album.
Have even made up books using photos on one page then the sign language graphic on the next page with a written description for those working with Elysha.
It is so easy to use, even training the machine to say her name correctly was a breeze.
Cant praise Pictello or its developers enough. Next step I would like to see the possibility of it working on smartboard - image what teachers could do with this!!!!!
Mum of Elysha
Pictello has become a communication bridge between home and daycare centre/preschool for us and our ASD daughter. Her carers and ourselves make story books about her day, which she will then speak about. App is easy and quick to use. Is improving language and comprehension skills, as well as connecting us all ensuring consistency. Brilliant! Only upgrade possible would be ability to export as a movie to share with those who don't have iPads or the app. Huge thanks!
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 851.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.