The PIEL Survey App is designed to gather survey data from people in their daily lives. Surveys are imported from a Control file which is a text file provided by the researcher. For details on how to create and distribute a new survey, please see our website.
This app is ideal for "in the moment" data gathering, also known as Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA) or Experience Sampling Management (ESM). This allows a more complete understanding of a participant's thoughts and feelings than traditional survey methods.
- Currently there are 4 question types; list, checkbox, slider and free text.
- List questions can also be made to branch to different questions depending on the response.
- Schedules can be fixed, random or semi-random.
- The surveys will run even when an internet connection is not present.
- Users can swipe between questions.
- Design feature to ensure accessibility.
Manual surveys can also be run based on certain events occurring or to directly interview participants.
Thanks for using the PIEL Survey. Let us know what you think! (firstname.lastname@example.org).
New to this version:
- Added a Norwegian version. Thanks to our users who assisted with the translation.
- Minor UI changes to work with the translated text.
- Improved graphics.
Ratings and Reviews
Surveys quick and easy to answer
This app allows me to survey patients "in the moment", no server to worry about. I like the new features like swiping and flexibility of notification sounds.
Great app for EMA research
It took me an hour to learn how to create surveys, it’s not hard. Using the surveys is a delight and my participants find it easy to use.
Great research tool
This app has played a key part in our research project. The surveys are user friendly and easy to use.
- Blue Jay Ventures Pty Ltd
- 26 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Blue Jay Ventures Pty Ltd 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.