Sleep trouble? Sleep better with Pillow, your smart sleep assistant. Pillow can analyze your sleep cycles automatically using your Apple Watch, or you can use Pillow without an Apple Watch by placing your iPhone or iPad on the mattress near your pillow.
Use Pillow as a smart alarm clock to wake up at the lightest possible sleep stage and start your day refreshed and relaxed. Record important audio events such as snoring, sleep apnea, and sleep talking. Explore trends about your sleep and compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health metrics that affect sleep.
As seen on:
The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories, Daily Mail, and many more. Rated as one of the best sleep tracking apps for the Apple Watch and iPhone.
Join the millions that have discovered the life-changing benefits of great sleep!
TRACK YOUR SLEEP AUTOMATICALLY
- Simply wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep.
- View last night's report right on your Apple Watch, along with the heart rate analysis for the night.
- Switch between manual and automatic mode anytime.
SLEEP CYCLE & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- Advanced sleep cycle analysis algorithm based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research.
- Detailed heart rate analysis
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep score.
- Pillow updates Apple Health's Sleep category
- iOS 14 Widgets to view your sleep report
- Snoring, sleep apnea, sleep talking
- Play, export, or delete audio recordings.
*Not available in automatic sleep tracking mode.
- Analyze your sleep cycles and find the best time to fall asleep.
PERSONALISED INSIGHTS & SLEEP TIPS
- Discover your sleep profile
- Regularly updated sleep tips
- Explore your sleep history with Week, Month, Year, and All Time overviews.
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep.
BACKUP & SYNCHRONIZE
- Synchronize and backup your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices.
ALARM PRESETS & NAPS
- Powernap, recovery, and full-cycle nap
- Customisable alarm presets
MOOD & NOTES
- Track your mood when you wake up
- Discover how your notes affect your sleep quality
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Wake up sounds
- Use a track from Apple Music or iTunes as an alarm.
- Sleep aid music, soundscapes, stories, meditations.
- Siri Wind Down support
- Unlimited sleep history & analysis
- Sleep trends
- Sleep notes
- Heart rate analysis
- Sound recordings
- Nap modes & Customisable presets
- Full access to all Sleep aid content
- Access all wake-up melodies
- Sleep tips & Personalised insights
- Compare your sleep quality with Apple Health metrics
- Wake-up melodies from your iTunes library or Apple Music
- Data export in CSV format
Learn more at https://pillow.app
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account as soon as you confirm your purchase. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal from your Account Settings after the purchase. If you start a free trial, you will be charged automatically at the end of the trial period unless you cancel 24 hours before the expiration period.
Your subscription will renew automatically unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. The renewal cost will be charged to your account within 24 hours before the end of the current period. When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the existing subscription will not be refunded. If offered, any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
- Corrected an issue that could display wrong subscription duration in Pillow’s settings for monthly subscribers
- Fixed an issue that could crash the app when reordering alarm presets on iOS 15
- Resolved a bug that would not allow vibration alarms on the iPhone when using an alarm sounds from Apple Music or iTunes library
- Stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Working (restart watch)
TL;DR - restart phone AND watch if you have any issues. In-App is quite expensive and feel I paid for features I don’t use. Would prefer if the functionality was split between a few cheaper options.
Updated Full Review: Initially had trouble getting app to work on watch - everything looked ok but was unable to launch sleep recording as the button on watch face was non-responsive. Did finally get it to launch once, but after that it just kept crashing.
Did the usual: uninstalled app, restarted Bluetooth, restarted phone, reinstalled app. Nothing changed - app just would not work. Gave up and posted poor review in frustration.
Next day had issues on watch (an activity tracker crashed multiple times during two separate activities). Restarted watch, issue with tracker was resolved.
Decided to retry this app (partly because dev responded to my review/rant and partly figure it might have just be a bad coincidence).
Happy to report app now appears to be functioning correctly.
Having used the app with In-App purchase for a couple of weeks I’ll say it works well for the most part. The interface is clean and intuitive and has very good integration with Apple’s Health App. With that said I would prefer if the In-App purchase (which is comparatively expensive) was split across, say, 3 different sections. I don’t use the alarm, or the nap feature and haven’t had much luck with the audio recording. All I really want is to be able to look at historic data.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We’re sorry you are experiencing problems with Pillow. The easiest and most reliable way to use Pillow on your Apple Watch is to start you sleep session from the Apple Watch: To do that make sure both devices are in range and can communicate via Bluetooth > Open Pillow on both devices at the same time and tap “Start” on Pillow on the Apple Watch (Do not press Start on the iPhone) >Scroll down and tap “Next”. If you are still experiencing problems please contact our support team to help you.
New update not accurate at all
Since the newest update, this app does not detect if I wake up during the night even when I get up out of bed. Last night I lay awake for at least a half hour, got out of bed as well during this time and it was not noted in the data. I also got out of be x2 more times and that wasn’t recorded either. In fact my sleep quality was supposed to be good and it wasn’t at all. Very disturbed night!
Edit 1: Despite repeatedly retraining this app AI it is not detecting how often I am awake. I would have thought my heart rate increase would align with waking too but not on the apps graph. I am using Apple Watch 3 also. I am about to give up on this app. I am using the paid upgrade too. Even audio has me talking to someone and the app says I’m asleep. Totally useless. When are you going to fix this?????
Edit2 : new update allows user to have app reassess and increase awake time. I had to do this 3 times after last nights session before looking vaguely accurate. Still didn’t take into account that it took double the the time to get to sleep. Still doesn’t line up with increase in heart rate even when I got out of bed.
More work to do. I am almost ready to delete it.
Developer Response ,
From the description of the issue, it seems that the permissions required by Pillow haven't been properly setup but this can be easily resolved. Please advise the following article with solutions and recommendations and let us know if the problem persists
To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone → Tap on the Settings icon → Select ‘Helpdesk’.
Used to be good, but suddenly automatic tracking has fallen off a cliff
Until recently, pillow has proven to be the most accurate sleep tracker that didn’t require a set up process each night, thanks to its use of the my Apple Watch S3 heartrate sensor, but in recent weeks I have had a plethora of issues with its accuracy and logging. Two weeks ago, it started to incorrectly report my sleep times, sometimes only recognising the first hour or two of an 8+ hour nap, and sometimes not even recording at all. This has proven to be extremely frustrating, since I have been trying to track my sleep habits for medical purposes.
The second issue only reared it’s head in the last week, it seems that almost every day, despite my sleep being logged in the app (accurate or not) it doesn’t save the data to the health app. At first I thought this was because permissions were incorrectly set, but somehow, about every 10 days, it logs that nights data into the app, but it logs the exact same data multiple times. So permissions clearly aren’t an issue.
Unless this gets fixed, I will probably have to look for an alternative app, even if it means I have to set it up every night before I sleep.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with Pillow. Please contact our support team and we will help you any issue that you are facing. To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone → Tap on the Settings icon → Select ‘Helpdesk’.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neybox Digital Ltd.
- 159.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Neybox Digital
- In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium $399.99
- Monthly Premium Features $6.99
- Yearly Premium Features $49.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.