Pixel Dungeon is an exciting and extremely popular roguelike. Explore the depths of Pixel Dungeon, collect useful items and fight fierce monsters to find the Amulet of Yendor (surprise!) - the ultimate artefact of this game world!
Are you prepared for this very easy to play yet difficult to master dungeon crawler?
* Charming pixel-art graphics and a simple interface that gets out of your way.
* 25 randomly generated levels with different settings like sewers, abandoned prison, caves, etc... so you will feel that every new game is unique!
* A deceitful dungeon full of dangers! Try to avoid the hidden traps or falling on deadly chasms. Or find as many chests as you can, full of treasures to use or sell!
* A different array of monsters that will try to get a piece of you on every corner, plus some bigger bosses that will try to get an even bigger piece ;)
* Lots of different items to find, buy, sell... including armor, weapons, potions, wands, scrolls...
* Various character classes to suit your style of play, from the strong Warrior or the knowledgeable Mage to the sneaky Rogue and the powerful Huntress. You can specialize your character even further, if you survive long enough ;)
* Enchantments that you'll have to use on your weapons and armor if you want to survive the dungeon's harsh conditions
* You'll use your alchemy knowledge to brew rare potions, improve the dungeon's economy by spending all your coins on the shops and deal with obnoxious NPCs and their demanding quests
* Lots of other surprises, you'll need to check the game to find out!
Everything about Pixel Dungeon:
Temple of the Roguelike forum: http://forums.roguetemple.com/index.php?topic=2826
Official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pixeldungeon
Developer Blog: http://pixeldungeon.tumblr.com/
Pixel Dungeon Wiki (including things like items and monsters descriptions, tactics and mechanics etc), run by a community: http://pixeldungeon.wikia.com/
You can also follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/watawatabou & https://twitter.com/Arcnor
The bug which caused freezing on iOS 12 is fixed
Ratings and Reviews
A very complex skill based game
It might seem not much skill is required at first, but this game is deeply strategic and challenging.
You will die on the first few runs, but then you are just learning the game. After you got the hang of the game, strategic planning about facing which monsters as well as resource management gives this game incredible depth.
This is not a game where they hold your hand and walk you through some kind of tutorial. No this game have a real ‘life-like feel’, in that the decisions you make will often indirectly, but very impactfully, affect game play. Please give this game at least a couple runs to get the hang of the game.
Once you find out what the gold does, you have pretty much completed the tutorial.
Good premise but ultimately a rip off
The idea is nice and the game sets the scene with a neat story. But beyond that you’re left to your own devices. There is no tutorial, so you have to guess and discover the mechanics yourself, which might be cool if there were more than 4 things you can do. It doesn’t explain what different classes do, it doesn’t tell you what the purpose of collecting gold is. There is a chance that an unkillable enemy can spawn in the first room you explore and then just follow you until you die by it 2 rooms later. On top of this it doesn’t tell you what each potion does in an attempt to add “mystery” in a game already driven by chance, in my opinion is just lazy game making.
If it was done better it would be a fun game or even if it was explained properly I’d be willing to try and adventure into it more but until that happens it is not with paying for.
Seriously a hidden gem
This seems underrated in the iOS App Store. This is a fantastic little game that actually challenges and makes you think a little strategically. It really needs to be up there with the best of the best games for all to play.
- Oleg Dolya
- 62.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Oleg Dolya
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.