Pixel Starships is the world’s first total spaceship management game in an 8bit massive online universe. In Pixel Starships, you command every aspect of your ship from construction to battles in a single persistent world.
Featured Reviews -
Touch Arcade - Pixel Starships tasks you with outfitting your very own ship with resource rooms, staff, and weapons. This looks Awesome!
MMGN - The graphics in this 8Bit indie game is the best we've seen in a retro style game for a long time
PocketTactics - I’m intrigued by the cutaway side-view of the starship with turbolifts and transporters at the ready
TechTimes - The World’s First 8-Bit Total Starship Management Game Hits The Online Universe
The Discovery Channel - A fully immersive starship captain experience.
Key Features -
● Build Epic Starships of your own design.
● Many races, aliens, factions to command and conquer.
● Battle it out with other real players in a single massive online universe.
● Manage diplomacy, recruitment, research, exploration!
● Control ship's power and limited resources. Discover epic weapons.
● Build and deploy support ships to support your Starfleet.
● Cross section full ship control and battles.
● Explore planets, discover secrets of space.
● Form alliances and battle with your friends to achieve victory!
● Program situational AI commands to systems and crew allowing automatic combats and offline play.
If you're a fan of Star Wars and Star Trek; if you enjoy games like EVE, Clash of Clans, FTL, or Homeworld, you'll love Pixel Starships!
Note on IAP -
Pixel Starships is totally free to play and is designed for perfect balance for all players. However, there are in-app items that can be purchased for real money to help speed up progress or offer cosmetic improvements. If you don't want this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.
Note on Auto-Renewing Subscription -
Pixel Starships contains a optional Subscription Membership. Members receive extra missions, bonuses, and daily rewards. Membership content is regularly updated.
The Monthly Membership Subscription cost is USD $3.99 per month or a similarly adjusted currency price in your local region. Please refer to IAP menu or in app display for localised pricing. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
The subscription is auto renewable and will renew monthly unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscription can be cancelled via iTunes subscription manager. There is also a 7 day free trial for the membership; the free trial period is not transferrable and any remaining free time is cancelled if a paying subscription starts.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed issue with processing IAP purchases
- Added fallback options when encountering an error with purchasing promo packs
- Fixed several issues with Sticker placement and display
- Fixed a freeze bug that occurs when dragging and dropping items from inventory
- Fixed a bug with Instant Missions giving repetitive results instead of a random ones
- Fixed a bug that causes crew to visually duplicate in inventory
Ratings and Reviews
Game is pretty addictive
Been playing this game for a solid 2 days and so far this is what I’ve got. Lvl4 ship :P
- Early game is easy to progress.
- Menu and shop are reasonably easy to navigate.
- I have been getting some low-key Clash of Clans vibes but it’s a pretty unique game so still really enjoyable. Actually similar to a game called Faster Than Light that I played on PC a while back.
- I don’t know if it is just because I’m an early level but getting loot from PVP is much easier than collecting it from resource mines available on the ship. I don’t know if this feature is aimed to encourage players to participate in missions and PVP, but it seems that mines on ships are somewhat redundant.
- Elevator system was not explained in beginning so I was unsure at first but it was relatively easy to figure out after a few PVP matches.
- I found the crew’s abilities and skills weren’t exactly made clear what they were and did, so an explanation of the crew’s traits would be appreciated and if they had specific tasks or rooms which they excelled at, that would be cool. (maybe I just haven’t looked into this enough).
Despite the cons, this game is very fun and I appreciate that the creators have still made the game free to play! Will definitely continue playing and leave another review at a later date. Thankyou.
One word - WOW
I did not expect to enjoy this game so much. I very rarely spend money on a game that is free, especially a subscription, but I could not contain myself in the excitement of what’s to come. I’m even happy to watch optional ads when it means my upgrades will finish quicker. This beautifully pixelated game looks simple and child-like from screenshots, but there is an immense amount of depth and strategy in the pvp and I can also show my creativity through the ship design/layout. Looking forward to getting more use out of the trade market. I can see myself spending a lot of time on this great little game. Thank you developers for scratching so many itches!!
Edit: Still believes this is an amazing game. However, when you reach level 6, upgrades take days to complete which is normal of a game like this. My problem with this was that there was nothing to keep my engagement in the game while these were upgrading. There wasn’t much use attacking others because money was relatively easy to come by. The ‘clan war’ function should have been its saving grace, but clan wars were too irregular. And once one started, all you had to do was attack players like normal........ I feel like this part of the game was lacking and that they should take a page out of the clash of clans book. Make us plan an attack, make clan wars more regular, give us a reason to play beyond level 6.
Top game, falls apart mid game...
Absolutely amazing game!
I’ve been playing this game for roughly 2 and a bit years (Stardate 1027) and it’s absolutely amazing! The amazing ship customisation, game exploration and constant updates are like no other game around! And that’s the best part, there’s no other games around like this.
I have devoted so many hours, days, months and years into this game and I’m going to keep devoting time to it.
I would’ve liked to see more customisation into ships, eg; custom ship hull designs and a bit more storyline for the Federation, pirates, aliens and ECT.
The one critical item that needs to be implemented it the Dolores head storyline. Back in stardate 600 (for me). You could play along storyline to get Dolores parts, now all that’s been removed. And for a few days it seemed like a ship carrying random Dolores parts came along too, now that doesn’t show up?? The head, body, and a single leg has been sitting in my inventory for ages and I would at least like to assemble it.
However, despite my small preferences, this game is still 15/10 with everything from crew names to matchmaking, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than this game
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savy Soda Pty Ltd
- 98.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SavySoda™
- In-App Purchases
- Clip of Starbux $7.99
- One Month Membership $5.99
- Roll of Starbux $14.99
- Stash of Starbux $30.99
- Case of Starbux $79.99
- Special Offer $2.99
- Special Offer $14.99
- Bank of Starbux $159.99
- Special Offer $7.99
- Season Pass $13.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.