The best selling app now has a best-selling book to go with it. Get this great combination and banish the 5 o'clock panic forever.
Tired of getting to 5pm without knowing what to cook for the family? Made a last minute decision on the meal only to discover you are missing most of the ingredients?
PlanBuyCook is meal planning made simple using our no-fuss app. It makes planning, shopping for and cooking your meals easy.
Whether you are a household of 1 or 10, this is the meal planning app to get dinner done easily.
PlanBuyCook is available for iPhone and iPad.
PlanBuyCook offers a real life meal planner: use any of our 160 recipes or write your own favourites. You can also schedule in events such as eating out or takeaway – just like you plan your meals in real life. You can match your meal plan to the 4+2+1 formula in The Plan Buy Cook Book to cut your cooking time in half.
The PlanBuyCook app automatically scales main meals to match your household size, from 1 to 10 serves for every main meal recipe.
Write your own recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to the shopping list and aggregated along with any PlanBuyCook recipe ingredients you choose. The PlanBuyCook app will automatically scale your recipes to your household size, or locks the scaling for desserts or recipes you do not wish to scale. AirDrop your own recipes to other PlanBuyCook users.
Switch between metric and imperial measurements, and the app will automatically switch to match AU/UK or USA/Canada ingredient names.
The PlanBuyCook smart shopping list includes all meal ingredients plus you can add in everyday items which are automatically sorted into grocery section. Mark off items you already have in your refrigerator or pantry, or edit amounts of each ingredient. When using the iPad version, send the shopping list to your smart phone or someone else's, and tick off the items as you do your shopping. On your iPhone simply tap each item as you walk through the supermarket.
We have also included more than 160 everyday PlanBuyCook dinner, breakfast and snack recipes for you to try using ingredients available in the supermarket.
• Scale meals (1 to 10 serves)
• 160+ everyday recipes for dinners, sides, salads and lunchbox snacks
• Add your own recipes
• Choose metric or imperial measurements and ingredient names
• Real life planner integrated with your calendar. Share your calendar between household members
• Generate an aggregated shopping list like magic
• All freezable meals marked to allow you to double each meal and freeze extra meal for later weeks
• 1300 standard ingredients in shopping list to make sure you add everything (including household non-food items)
• Share recipes between PlanBuyCook users via AirDrop
• Print and email recipes
• Built in timers
• Support from planbuycook.com.au
At planbuycook.com.au we provide weekly suggested meal plans, helpful planning and cooking tips, extra recipes and kitchen basics to help you find economical ways to feed your household and save time in the kitchen.
No more "What’s for dinner?" Plan your meals, shop once, cook simply – dinner done.
Minor bug fix
Allows you to email shopping list to Outlook email accounts from iPhone or iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some tweaks... then amazing
I really love the book and app... but for the app to really be useful I would love to be able to photograph my existing family recipes rather than typing them in (knowing that this would not allow them to be scaled up)
Not crash every time I try and upload a screenshot
Allow you to create a pantry staples list and add to your shopping list.
Pretty but some limitations on functions causing frustrations
Starting to use this app for meal planning
Initially buy function was working - not crashing out of app when touch the “buy” tab. Very frustrating. Have spent many hours trying to set up meal planning with the app, think I might now abandon it.
Attractive interface but some practical limitations that the developers might be able to look at:
- don’t seem to be able to share my entries or plans with my partner which significantly limits the usefulness of the app
- Should be able to enter more than 3 “meals” a day; veggies take one entry, desserts another, this doesn’t allow for planning to make bulk meals on weekends.
- Recipes should be crowd sourced. They are time consuming to enter, if I knew that I was contributing to others and benefiting from theirs that would be a sweetener on the time. Developers could have a review function without taking responsibility for the recipes.
- Should have an option between the images of the recipes and a list. The pictures are good if you are browsing but if there are a lot of recipes it’s tedious to scroll to find the one you want without using the search function.
- cost function on the shopping list would be a fantastic further development, as would the ability to import the shopping list into an online supermarket shop.
- should be able to print the shopping list directly from the app without emailing it
Great app - but needs a few updates
I really enjoy this app and have really only just started using it. It’s already saved me time and money. But i was wondering if this app will be able to sync across my devices soon? It syncs some of my meals in my planner across but not all...like the recipes I entered myself on my iPad doesn’t go across to my iPhone. The ability for the shopping list to sync across would be great too - I know I can share it, but syncing happens without thinking. Once the app 100% syncs across it would be wonderful and even more user friendly
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- APPETISING IDEAS PTY LTD
- 131 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Appetising Ideas Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.